Organizing Styles In Pse 7!

ManiakMama

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK = the pictures aren't showing. I saved all the PNG pics as JPegs, and they arent showing. I changed manually the file names to include .thumbnail, deleted the thumbs database, and they aren't showing up.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

I have just been given this link because I have the same problem. So guess what I'll be doing today. A lot of cussin' and throwing the laptop out of the window, because I really am dumb when it comes to this PC stuff. I have printed everything and I will sit and do it step by step. Thanks ladies.

In the XML file, there will be a line like this: <typecategory id="CatSTYLE_NAME" value="STYLE_NAME" localize="true" />

All you need to do is change the 2nd STYLE NAME in that line to be whatever you would like to categorize that style as. So for example, if I wanted to put it into the Paper Styles category, my line will look like this: <typecategory id="CatSTYLE_NAME" value="Paper Styles" localize="true" />

I'm sorry to drag this back out again, but I have PSE 7 and I STILL CANNOT organize my styles like this. :monstercry:

I have looked at almost all of my XML files, including the ones that came with PSE7, not just the ones I made... and NONE of them have this exact line: <typecategory id="CatSTYLE_NAME" value="STYLE_NAME" localize="true" />

Why are mine different? All my styles work and show up in "show all"(thankfully), and non of my original XML files have a line like that either.

Here an XML file from Mandy Stewart's Embed Style:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PSEContent xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/PSEContent/2.0/">

<subscription value="free" />

<type value="style" />

<category value="MST_SSToolsStyles_Embed1801

</PSEContent>

Which line do I change to begin to organize my styles? I apologize if I am missing something very obvious, but I really have tried. :banghead:

Karen, I'll paste my xml info for that same style. I have that one in a "misc" category 'cause it's not a paper or fabric or metal, etc. I have 2 misc categories. lol

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PSEContent xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/PSEContent/1.0/">

<global>

<type value="style" />

<typecategory id="CatMST_SSToolsStyles_Embed1801" value="SG Misc2" localize="true" />

</global>

</PSEContent>

See the colored part? That's my category.

I never messed with the ones that came with PSE.

Hope that helps...let us know.

:)

Hmmm...I noticed that our xml info doesn't match each other. I used add-o-matic. Did you?

Thanks Charlene, I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me seeing that!

No I didn't use add-o-matic, maybe that's the difference. I wonder if any one else organized their styles without add-o-matic? I really don't want to buy it and reinstall my styles. I was kinda proud of myself for doing it on my own.

I just did my own xml based on the layer styles that come with PSE, someone first did tell me how. I'm going to play around with it and maybe I can get my xml it to organize the styles too. I think once I get it figured out I'll be on my way!

Has anyone made their own xml files, and organized their styles too? I love to hear how you did it!

Archived