Error Message When Opening .png File

Guest mona_miee

Guest mona_miee
Greetings! I am new, and am excited about joining scrap girls!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: I have a question. I recently purchased and downloaded some of the templates. However, when I tried to open one of the files, this is the error message that I received:

"Could not open 'MST_Scrapsimple_12x12_spin1.png' file-format module cannot parse the file."

What does that mean? I am currently using Adobe Photoshop 6. Is the software that I'm using too old?

I also have PSP version 7 installed on my computer. However, when I tried to open the file, I received the error message 'invalid png file'.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!

That's Mandy's file and I'll go check the files from within the store----it's rare, but sometimes a file can get corrupted during the download process.

We check our files, then double check before we release the files, so give me about an hour or 90 minutes to see what's up and I'll get back to you.

I just downloaded the file and checked every png and each one is ok, no errors.

It's possible Adobe 6 is too old, but it should work fine in 7, or like I said, it may have done something weird----I'll let Ro know what's up and she'll work out a solution for you.

You may need to clear some files, or get a fresh download, but Ro's more technologically advanced than this little amoeba, lol!

That occurs when there is a problem with the download experience (meaning that your download has been interrupted).

To solve it you need to shut your browser down completely and then download it again - to a different location on your computer. This step is important because Internet Service Providers often cache (save) the download information they just passed to you and if they passed you an interrupted file download, they will try to give you that again.

It save them money by saving them bandwidth.

If you save the file to a different spot on your computer, your ISP doesn't do that to you.

Sometimes, you need to reboot your computeras well because ISP's can get tricky with this. That completely gives you a new connection.

Hope that helps!

Guest mona_miee
thanks for the quick replies and info. I will try downloading the files again and let you know what happens!

Archived