Is There A Place For A "wish List?"

Guest chicmimi

Guest chicmimi
Hi! Am truly trying to get what I need,watch Ro's videos,and get ready to rock and create! (Not brave enough to share quite yet,LOL!)
Want to get a few "goodies" and since the market is so flooded with "opinions" I want to ask the experts I've seen first hand....y'all!
If you could reccommend the "best" in your opinion as far as an external hardrive, wide-format printer,and any other "dream equipment" that you own or would love to,what would they be? Sounds dumb but if I"m going to "invest",I would like to buy what will work,I believe in "good tools"...I have an iMac with 1Gig of memory and a large flat-screen and just got a new Sony VAIO laptop with the same memory and a big hardrive...not used for "business"only my "bad habits",LOL!
I did buy a small Wacom graphire tablet but have been "scared" to install it...I'm going to try it this weekend! Appreciate it a lot,will be fun to see what the "gold stardards" are,based on your experience or if you had an "unlimited budget!"
PS...if there is already a thread LIKE this,can you direct me to it?

It sounds like you have a great set up to start with! I have the iMac G5 as well and I love it for digital scrapbooking. I would love to have a laptop too so I can work in other rooms while I'm chasing little kids around the house! :) Wide format printers are something I haven't researched yet but I know there are some people here who will have some input for you on that topic.
What software are you working with?

Guest chicmimi
Thanks for your reply! I have Photoshop7, Elements 4 on pc and prefer my Elements 2.0 on my Mac as it "works well" as is...also have PSP 8 and 10 (gifts) but haven't installed,would rather try and get better with Photoshop series first.(also can't use PSP on Mac...)Also have Corel Painter 8 on my Mac which I'm dying to learn,need more hours in a day! I would love the CS series but would like to feel comfortable with Photoshop procedures in general first as it's so pricey.Am looking for an external-hardrive but would like to know what y'all think is the "best bang for the buck" ...I am starting to buy a few kits here and there and can see where I will need one asap!

I need to buy a hard drive soon too, so I'll be watching this post. I have CS2 on a Mac G5 and an Epson 1280 printer. I don't know if there are better printers, but I do love mine. I can print up to 13 x 19. I've had it since late 2001 and still works wonderfully. I need a new scanner, but I have no idea which one is the best for the least amount of money. I love my Wacom tablet, can't even use a mouse very well anymore.

Erica

• 2 months later...
Guest deannayh
I bought my Canon i9900 about a year and a half ago and I LOVE it! (Ro has is too)
I have never been so happy with a printer (and I have gone thru more than 5 in last 7 years).

It does such a beautiful job and I can print up to 13" x 19" (and as small as 4" x 6"). I can also print on various types of media. The quality is perfect!

I can make my own wall art, lol

I love blowing my photos up to posters on the wall and I can change my "scenery" anytime I wish!

I got it at Amazon.com for a really good deal ($100off) and it even came with an extra set of inks (it takes 8 different colors) And Amazon has FREE SHIPPING!

deanna

OH - and Set up on the i9900 is a BREEZE! Just plug it in, drop in the ink and print!

Hi-
I recently purchase a LaCie external hard drive (160GB) on the recommendation of my husband because that is what they use at his office. I've only had for less than a week but happy with it so far.

I also have a Wacom graphire tablet and love it. In fact, I can't wait to buy one with a larger drawing area.

I have both PSPX and Photoshop CS2. So far, I like PSP better for drawing and Photoshop more for layouts and photo editing.

Hope that helps.

Archived