Request For Collection Sequels

I love love love the Princess Collection by Amanda Sok. I've used it for baby, girly, Disney, & spring layouts, just to name a few. I just love the pink and green, and the ethereal papers. Would it be possible for a Princess Collection II to be made?

I also love love love the Fall Watercolors kit by Shalae. I would love kits with the same style but different themes. Offhand I'm thinking a Winter Watercolor - but beachy, spring, summer....I'd buy them all up. Even if it was just paper packs.

I think what I love most is the ethereal quality of the gorgeous papers in both kits. It's so easy to blend photos and papers into them; and they're just so lovely on their own without any

]\extra adornment at all!

Well, this is part a just-throw-it-out-there request, and part lavish praise!

Take care,

Kristy

DITTO! LOVE LOVE LOVE these kits!

I bought up every single Watercolor ScrapSimple Paper & Style & Kit & Collection & Paper Addons the second that Shalae put them up on the shelf in the boutique. I knocked somebody down trying to get to them! Do you have her paper add-ons?

Shalae's Fall Watercolors Paper Mini

Shalae's Fall Watercolors Solids

There are some soft greens & blues in there that you could use for Spring or Beach or Summer.... or ... and....

AND for another take on the watercolor theme, be sure to check out

Durin's Watercolor Papers

Have you grabbed up the Scrap Simple Paper & tried creating some of your own? It is SO FUN once you start doing it!

d[/url]

Shalae's SS Papers: Artsy Watercolors I

Shalae's SS Papers: Artsy Watercolors II

Shalae's SS Papers: Artsy Watercolors III

Shalae's SS Styles: Watercolors

AND I have seen the Princess & Amanda's Design Pack: Fairy Duste"]Amanda's Design Pack: Fairy Dusted used in SO MANY ways! From the Pretty Princess like Amanda created, to some Simply Elegant like Charlene (scrappingChar) created for her wedding layout, to some mighty RAD & radical designs that other designers have created using Amanda's Commercial License.

Once the Scrap Simple bug gets hold of you, you'll never be the same! Have fun!

Wow, Patty Anne! You were that blur I saw in the boutique aisles! That list is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to list those.

Ok, hmm...I have Fall Watercolors "everything", and a couple of the SS Watercolor templates of Shalae's (I am NO stranger to the SS line!) But I don't have Durin's (nice!) so I will check those out.

I do own the Fairy Dust SS papers (only), and love to coordinate them with the Princess kit. That's a lovely layout by Charlene. Love the blue with those sparkles! And when I searched on the Fairy Dust, it also brought up the Fanciful Design pack which would also coordinate (so I'm kind of answering my own post and adding to the list for anyone interested!) Fanciful

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Kristy

glad you like the princess things kristy! im glad you found the fanciful items, i was going to suggest those.

i cant promise there will be a sequel to this collection, but i will certainly take note and consider it for the future.

If we're talking seqels, can I get a vote in for Appassionata and Frippery? I can' have too much of either of them.

Laylajean

"Excess is not nearly enough."

Well thanks Kristy! I can't promise anything right now as I'm working on some other projects that I need to get done first, but I'll keep it in mind since I LOVE doing these ones. There's a good chance you might get more paper packs... They are fast and easy. Do you prefer just the solid color kind or are you wanting the kinds that look like pictures found in the Fall Watercolors Kit? I had one that was spring looking that I haven't had a chance to finish maybe we'll see about putting them into a paper pack instead... Let me sit on this for a bit! :)

Shalae and Amanda, thank you for your replies. News of anything in the works from you gals is good news for me!

Shalae, I would take anything, really, but if I had to pick it would definitely be the type of papers found in the Fall Watercolors kit, with the pictures blended into watercolors, or painted-looking. It's those type of papers that make that kit really special, and the papers are my favorite part. So, YES on paper packs!

Thanks a bunch! No pressure, I'll just be anxiously awaiting and cruising the store as often as I can.... ;-)

Kristy

I have to ditto the princesses & more fairy stuff would be great too! What about a fantasy collection. Like my son is really into fantasy books. Could do a masculine & feminine collection. hmmm now I am getting some ideas. :) LOL.

I love love love the Princess Collection by Amanda Sok. I've used it for baby, girly, Disney, & spring layouts, just to name a few. I just love the pink and green, and the ethereal papers. Would it be possible for a Princess Collection II to be made?

Kristy

Kristy,

Do you have your Princess layouts in the gallery? I just purchased this kit with the hope of doing some baby layouts, and would love some inspiration if you would like to share any of your layouts! :)

I am also eager to see if a Princess Collection II were to be made! It is just beautiful!

I've just posted some layouts using the Princess Collection here, here, here, here, and here.

Those are the ones I could remember off the top of my head. If I know of any more I'll post them. Thanks for asking!

Kristy

Kristy,

Those are AMAZING!!! I especially love the first two! How did you get the photos to blend into the background like that? Is there a tutorial somewhere on doing that? I LOVE them!!!

Please post more if you find them!!

Wow, thank you for the kind compliments! :thanks:

How did you get the photos to blend into the background like that? Is there a tutorial somewhere on doing that?

I wish I could give you the exact "formula" for those, but I don't have the psd files for them anymore (those are from my shutterfly book, which is printed, and I needed to clear some space so I got rid of the psds and kept the jpgs). But I'm pretty sure that I had two copies of the picture, each with a different blend mode and opacity. Something like linear burn 60% opacity on one copy, and overlay 25% on the other, for a little boost in contrast. Something like that...or maybe nothing like that...since I can't really remember. ;-)

I usually just play around until I get the look I want. But as a starting point, put your photo on a layer over your paper, and change the blend mode and/or the opacity until you get something you like. My favorite blend modes are linear burn, multiply, overlay, and hard light, depending on the picture and the paper underneath. Then I erase the edges (or use a layer mask) with various types of brushes depending on the look I'm going for. (You can maybe see how I erased all the people in line for Peter Pan ride and just left the building!) It's a great way to use scenery pictures!

Kristy

Archived