Backlaze

MargotW

Has anyone tried Backblaze for backing up your computer? I received a link this morning from Photojojo. According to what I was reading it will backup external Harddrives as long as you keep it connected or connect at least every 30 days.

The cost is $5. per month - unlimited.

I'm really tempted to give it a go but wanted to know if any of you have used it.

I have not heard of this one. Photojojo seems to put out fairly reliable info so I think a little closer look might be in order. I'm pretty good about backing up to dvds, but and outside source backup is something I've really seriously considered.

They have a free trial - maybe I'll go for the trial and see how it works before I cancel Carbonite. Carbonite has saved me a couple of times. I do back up to a second EHD but it would be nice to know the EHD was backed up automatically off site.

On their site, they will send you a complete restore either on DVD or EHD - don't know the cost.

I get Photojojo too. I was looking for information about whether BackBlaze does EHDs but I must have missed it. I'll have to look again.

I had to dig a little to find it and I was in so many spots I don't remember where it was! But it is there some where. Wouldn't you think that would be one of their hilights?

Archived