Vista Going Away?

SandiC.

Unless you work for some billion dollar corporation with billion dollar support at your fingertips, I DO NOT RECOMMEND BETA!!! ACK! REALLY... they are working out all the quirks, they don't offer near the support for Beta, sometimes the Beta version can interfere with the real version when it comes along, sometimes getting uninstall to FULLY work doesn't happen.

I'm having problems with my Vista laptop - but I still don't know if they are Vista related. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed up a couple of things and then changed the name.. a PR move for a much maligned mis-conceived product. (gee, is there some cynicism showing through in this post or what?)

From what I saw on the MS site about windows 7, it does seem to be vista-like with some cool tweaks, but the real question will be how well does it work. I just recently got a new LT with Vista and have had no unexpected problems. From what my techie told me, they have slowly been working the bugs out and the more recent updates are doing fairly well. I agree, it was released way too soon, those bugs should have been worked out long ago. Of course one of the reasons my new LT works well with Vista is it has strong memory. That really seems to be the issue and I'm a very conservative user, not overloading the wywtem with doing 20 things at a time.

Thank goodness I have not had any problems w/Vista, but now I'm concerned that it's going "by the wayside" and l'll have to pay an arm and a leg to get whatever is new (whenever that happens). Why can't they stop inventing "new" OS????

Archived