Adding Personal Art

traceydawnn

Guest dawnsmemories

Unfortunately I don't know which software would help you but I wanted to say welcome as I see this is your first post. I am sure someone will be along to help you out! My guess, this is a Thao or V question.

Enjoy ScrapGirls, there are some wonderful people here!

Dawn

Welcome, Tracey! Do you want to draw digitally in the graphics program, or are you wanting to scan your current drawings and bring them into your layouts?

If you have a drawing tablet, such as a Wacom, you can adjust the sensitivity, flow, and tilt. Like Linda said, you can also use Adobe Illustrator for a variety of line options. What kind of graphics program are you using?

Valerie and Erica are masters of Illustrator, so perhaps they can advise you more.

I can't say I am a master of Illustrator, but thanks for the vote of confidence. I am self-taught and I bumble my way through, there is SO much to learn.

I have yet to fall in love with Live Trace, though several of our team members use it. I'll ask them to step in and advise you.

I draw with my mouse. Weird, but um, lol; Wacom wasn't around when Illustrator was invented. And once I discovered it I had already taught myself how to mouse-draw that my Wacom is simply a pad on a desk. Unused.

If I do draw with a pen, it is on paper. Then I scan in it, clean it up in Photoshop. I've tried Live Trace and I find that for me, I'd rather Hand Trace if needed. I am faster and get the results I want instead of fussing with Live Trace controls. But that's just me.

The cool thing about Adobe is there are many ways to achieve a result.

That's also the hard part. But once you step away from whether you are doing it "right" and discover what works for you, then you'll have that skill set that best serves you.

Meanwhile, let's get a few more opinions so you'll have several techniques to try before you settle in to the one that works best for you.

Welcome to SG's! I'm really glad you posted this. I learned alot from just reading through the posts!! There are so many very talented people here and it looks like you're getting some really good advice!! Take care and I can't wait to see some of your LO's!!!!

I'm a bumbler too! I just sort of mess around with things to try them out and see what works for me.

You can use live trace to edit your own scanned drawings in Illustrator. One of the settings I like is 'ink drawing'

Just play around and try things out!

I draw with the tablet and pen as well. You can always scan in your pencil / pen drawing and then draw over it in either Illustrator or PS. In PS, zooming in helps to keep your edges smooth. HTH!

Archived