Laptop Sleeves Or Bags...looking To Buy

scrappinchar

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlene,

I found a rolling laptop bag at Walmart last year (by Targus). It was for 15" computers, but I am able to put my 17" in it. Not very cute, but it went on the airplane just fine to the SG convention last year! I even carry my Western Digital full-sized EHD in it. The rolling bag wasn't very expensive, either.

Charlene,

I found a rolling laptop bag at Walmart last year (by Targus). It was for 15" computers, but I am able to put my 17" in it. Not very cute, but it went on the airplane just fine to the SG convention last year! I even carry my Western Digital full-sized EHD in it. The rolling bag wasn't very expensive, either.

Hmmm rolling laptop bag?? That would sure save the back for sure!

I don't know if any of you sew. But, I have a great pattern for a laptop bag. It can be resized to fit any size laptop. If anyone is interested I can post a photo of the pattern with the Co. name who manufactures it.

Mary Jo, I'd love to see a photo of that pattern and the information on it!

Oh, I just found out that the MiMi digiscrap totes are online at Target! And it looks like they have all the colors. Here's the link: MiMi Digiscrap Laptop Tote

They look really nice.Great choice of colours.It would boost the price for me having to have it sent to the UK.

If you are wanting a backpack ,which is great for travelling on a plane, with laptop plus cameras,passports,etc,etc, and leaves your hands free.Check out Crumpler bags.They are not cheap but I bought one for DS for xmas and I was impressed when I saw it.It is neat and compact and the laptop is well protected and the whole thing is ergonomically designed.Great for back sufferers and it doesn't yell.....expensive equipment within

It is SO CUTE! It's by MiMi, I got it at overstock.com for a fabulous price, and it's the cutest green color.

Oh my gosh, that IS so cute! I really only need a sleeve, because we have a nice leather laptop bag...but....but.....so cute!!

Hmm....

Kristy

I bought a laptop bag when I got my 17" screen laptop -- and I was really concerned that it wouldn't fit, but I saw a review that said it would fit -- just not inside the cushy protective middle. Well, I bought it - and I'm SO glad I did! It is SO CUTE! It's by MiMi, I got it at overstock.com for a fabulous price, and it's the cutest green color. Let's see if I can find a link....

MiMi Pink laptop tote

Green Tote (the one I have) [i see at this store, they come in pink, lilac, black, and green.]

I just love my bag. It's very stylish and cute. And it really does fit my 17" laptop. I use the padded inside area for my wacom pad. there's lots of compartments for my stuff.

My two cents for ya! :)

Oh, and I SO know what you're talking about when you say that you get one thing, you need more... and more... and more! I got a laptop. I *HAD* to have a wacom pad. I *HAD* to have a small EHD. I got a camera. I *HAD* to have a new battery, remote, etc. etc. etc. Never ends.

Gimme gimme gimme!! :)

OH NO! You had me at Lilac...so I looked it up in Overstock - no listing, so must be sold out...then Amazon...who listed it in the mid-$50 from HSN of all places. Looks like limited quantities. They said 10 left in Lilac ... too bad, now there are only 9 left...

I am not buying a new one..I am not buying new one...I am not buying a new one...I am not buying a new one!!!!

I have been chanting the same thing to myself ever since I saw this thread! I really don't need another one! I have the boring black one that came with my laptop, and I bought a bright pink rolling one from All My Memories (I think the online store went offline but other sites still carry them). I love that one if I need to fly because it has lots of space for not only the laptop but my EHD, my tablet, etc. But purple is my FAVE color, and I'd love a purple bag....

I don't know if any of you sew. But, I have a great pattern for a laptop bag. It can be resized to fit any size laptop. If anyone is interested I can post a photo of the pattern with the Co. name who manufactures it.

Hi Sara, Here here the photos the bag is 17.5 in by 17.5 in Finished. The total amount of material used is : less than 5 yards, but that includes everything. Its much bigger and roomier than it looks. I wish I had one made up , I think , I'll do one up in purples tomorrow! Let me know what you think?

Oh ladies!

I do love that Mimi bag.

I like that it has handles and a strap.

And some room.

And Joann said it fits her 17"...I have a 16" so it should be fine.

I really like the green. But I've found the pink, lilac, and black cheaper. What to do. What to do....

$44.99 at JoAnn's or $58.40 for the color I like.

Darn.

All plus shipping.

And MaryJo...I'm not that much of a seamstress.

Ugh.

LOL!

I wonder if I can collect commission? :)

Keep looking online - there's bound to be cheaper places. I saw that at Allen's Camera, the red is 20% off.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for cute things. Oh! Another great place to look for cute laptop bags? Etsy.com!

Okay...

deep breath....

I....am....going....to.....wait!

lol

I'm being to compulsive here. I haven't even picked up PSE7 yet. That's more important to me at the moment than a bag. It's just that I carried it to church tonight. We eat dinner there before choir practice. My computerish buddy wanted to see it. I wrapped a small towel around it (lol) and put it in a photo tote/bag that I have. (Has a spot for 3 pics on the outside.) It just doesn't have any kind of closure on the bag. But, it got the job done for now.

Okay, carry on....

:)

(Thanks for all your suggestions! I'll refer back to this thread at a later date.)

:rofl: You ladies crack me up!

MJ you can make many bags up and we'll all be lining up to buy them from you!

I'm going to sew one tomorrow and see how long it takes. I doubt very much it will take much time at all. I'll post a photo when its done and I love sewing for others !!!!

I'm going to sew one tomorrow and see how long it takes. I doubt very much it will take much time at all. I'll post a photo when its done and I love sewing for others !!!!

Does it have a cushiony lining in it? Reinforced straps (where it meets the rest.)

I might pay you to make me one.

Seriously!

Does it have a cushiony lining in it? Reinforced straps (where it meets the rest.)

Seriously!

Well, not that you said you were wanting to do that for others. lol

But, depending on how you thought it came out...and if you wanted to...lol

You all have such a dilemma. If only I could have a lap top, then I could join in on the fun and share my wisdom. Maybe for my birthday. Oh well, for now I'll have to be happy with the Wii my DH just got me. Good luck finding the perfect solutions.

Seriously!

Well, not that you said you were wanting to do that for others. lol

But, depending on how you thought it came out...and if you wanted to...lol

This is what friends are for!!!!! I will post a photo and descripton of the bag. I know girls who have made them and they are awesome !! That's why I bought the pattern....

Mary Jo, I love the look of that bag. I'll have to go looking for fabric and supplies - is that binding called for the seam binding that comes in a package. Or used to.....it's been ages since I've sewn anything!

Maybe you should seriously think about starting up a laptop bag cottage industry! No kidding! I'll be looking for the one you'll be making today.

Mary Jo, I love the look of that bag. I'll have to go looking for fabric and supplies - is that binding called for the seam binding that comes in a package. Or used to.....it's been ages since I've sewn anything!

Maybe you should seriously think about starting up a laptop bag cottage industry! No kidding! I'll be looking for the one you'll be making today.

Actually the binding is part of the fabric that you need. If you can't find what you want, PM me and I can check out my fabrics, I don't mind making them for people, actually I enjoy it!!

Hi Sara, Here here the photos the bag is 17.5 in by 17.5 in Finished. The total amount of material used is : less than 5 yards, but that includes everything. Its much bigger and roomier than it looks. I wish I had one made up , I think , I'll do one up in purples tomorrow! Let me know what you think?

Mary Jo with your quilting skills your bag will look fantastic.The girls are right everyone will be queuing for an MJ (there's your logo)personalised bag.Would you deliver overseas lol.Purple sounds just right,especially for the convention.Please let us see it when you get it finished

Okay...

deep breath....

I....am....going....to.....wait!

lol

I'm being to compulsive here. I haven't even picked up PSE7 yet. That's more important to me at the moment than a bag. It's just that I carried it to church tonight. We eat dinner there before choir practice. My computerish buddy wanted to see it. I wrapped a small towel around it (lol) and put it in a photo tote/bag that I have. (Has a spot for 3 pics on the outside.) It just doesn't have any kind of closure on the bag. But, it got the job done for now.

Okay, carry on....

:)

(Thanks for all your suggestions! I'll refer back to this thread at a later date.)

Wasn't there a post last year about someone who had decorated their laptop.I think it was someone who went to the comvention and everyone raved about it.With your scrapping skills Charlene I can see that being your next step before wrapping in a towel lol

They make skins for practially everything now. I am not sure where I saw the link, but you could put a big huge picture or a collage or whatever on your laptop or your cellphone your ipod...you name it they skin it!

Edit..add picture It says this skin would cost $16.99...so if you have a LO you really like you could stick it to your computer! ;)

Archived