Laptop Sleeves Or Bags...looking To Buy

scrappinchar

Hi ladies.

When I was in Office Depot, I noticed they had these cute laptop sleeves that had a built in handle to them. But, they were expensive. It wasn't a strap, but a built in curve with hole for handle. Make sense? Nice, cute colors and patterns.

I've been googling laptop sleeves and bags this morning and I can't seem to locate these anywhere. Not even on Office Depot's site.

At this point, I'm not set on only that kind. A plain black no-handle one might have to do. I have a 16" screen. The laptop measures roughly 15" by 10". I see more things designed for smaller laptops.

What do you gals use? Where did you buy it?

I saw bags up to $1000.00!!!!! (or more) Ha! For that kind of money, I'd think the person would just pay someone to carry their laptop around. lol

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love a nice purple SG logo laptop sleeve too. LOL. I have seen some really cute ones, got a sleeve at Office Max, around $20. Then saw some really cute ones at Target. I bought a computer backpack last year from ebags. They have some reasonably priced ones, but many are pricey. I don't travel too often, but when I do I want both my LT and camera to carry on with me. I've looked at combo computer/camera backpacks, but while they would be great on a plane, I don't think that's what I want for doing whatever when I get to my destination. So I got a camera backpack and now I'm looking a carryons that will work easily with my laptop. one thing just seems to lead into another, doesn't it.

All this rambling and I don't think I helped you at all. LOL. Sorry.

Char, are you laughing with me or at me? lol Seriously, it seems like I get one new toy that requires an accessory, then an add-on, then something to complement it, etc. By the time I've gone through the whole inventory, its time to start replacing the earlier ones. Just never ends.

I think that's WITH you! :)

I tried to get a good deal on the laptop.

Now...

I've already gone out and bought the wireless router.

A wireless mouse.

A padded thingy to sit it on in my lap.

And here I am wanting something to protect it in my car. lol

Oh, I forgot to add...

I'm hunting down PSE7.

And probably Ro's book for PSE7.

And thinking about a thumbdrive.

And thinking about EHDs.

Oh, and a tablet.

lol

Never ends!!!

LOL, Char. I know what you mean about all the accessories. Last Oct I took my laptop to convention in a computer backpack that I borrowed from DH. That thing was so heavy that my shoulders hurt carrying it around the airport. So this year I got a rolling travel briefcase at Fred Meyer (kind of like a Super Wal-mart, but better.) It has wheels and a telescoping handle. I found this extremely useful for going to visit family over new years. Only two carryons with three kids, :) And I didn't have to carry it on my back. The pocket inside for the laptop comes out and has handles if I want to carry just the laptop. I also have a smaller shoulder laptop briefcase type thing that I used for work. HTH

I think that's WITH you! :)

I tried to get a good deal on the laptop.

Now...

I've already gone out and bought the wireless router.

A wireless mouse.

A padded thingy to sit it on in my lap.

And here I am wanting something to protect it in my car. lol

Charlene you are a hoot.It's as though you have brought a new baby home and are kitting it out.I am exactly the same.I am waiting for my new camera bag to arrive and I am already deciding what I will need in it and starting a list for when I get to the shops.I have been this way with my workroom when it was started and with the new computer area before Xmas.I keep telling DH how much money I save being digital compared to traditional scrapping and he then begins to list....laptop,wacom,new camera and all its peripheries,inclined work table, Large monitor,new computer area and ,in 2 weeks time, a new computer.Since late 2007 this has all added up lol.I dare not add up the cost either lol

I bought a large purse/office type bag at Target for about $30. It came with a computer bag inside. I have the large normal computer bag and I wanted something smaller that looks more like a purse. I will take a couple of pitures and post for you. Also, one EHD...I got the portable and I saw a suggestion here somewhere to velcro it to my laptop so I did! I absolutely love that. It is always there on my (lid) back of my monitor and I don't give it a second thought. I will take a pic of that too. Brb with pictures!

I bought a large purse/office type bag at Target for about $30. It came with a computer bag inside. I have the large normal computer bag and I wanted something smaller that looks more like a purse. I will take a couple of pitures and post for you. Also, one EHD...I got the portable and I saw a suggestion here somewhere to velcro it to my laptop so I did! I absolutely love that. It is always there on my (lid) back of my monitor and I don't give it a second thought. I will take a pic of that too. Brb with pictures!

oooh pics.

Can't wait to see them!!!

I'm looking to get one of those sleeves, too, so I can put my laptop in my backpack when I travel next week (we usually take separate laptop bag but it will just be me and my toddler, so I want to consolidate into one bag!)

I've seen 'em at Walmart, and possibly Target, too. They were like a neoprene-like material, a little thin but cushy. They'd be perfect for protection but not take up a lot of room. Since I wasn't in the market at the time I saw them, I'm not sure if they're what I need (I know they had bags like that, I'm hoping there were sleeves also...) If I find them I'll come back to update!

Kristy

I don't know if any of you sew. But, I have a great pattern for a laptop bag. It can be resized to fit any size laptop. If anyone is interested I can post a photo of the pattern with the Co. name who manufactures it.

ok. Here is the pic I promised. The bag sticking out of the top is what the laptop goes in and the cables and stuff go in other pockets. If I want to I can take that bag out and use it in a larger bag or back pack. You can barely see my ehd as it is the same color as my laptop...when I travel or take my laptop somewhere, I just unplug the cords and slip the laptop in the bag leaving the ehd on it at all times. They did ask me to remove it from the laptop at one airport but only once. HTH!

My "problem" at the moment is the size of my laptop, I suppose. It has the integrated numeric keyboard. So, that's one reason it's so wide. I saw several cute bags at the Target site just now...but I read the reviews. A lot of people complaining that their 15" laptops didn't fit. And mine is 16". I'll just have to tote it around with me to some places and try them out. Walmart sells the Neosprene (or whatever it is called) sleeves...but they aren't big enough.

Mine is a wide one also... and just barely fits in the insert bag. But it does fit. I just measured though and even though it is a wide screen is it only 14 straight across. Darlin! You may have trouble finding exactly what you want because big once are hard to find and not usually cheap. Sorry! :(

Mine is a wide one also... and just barely fits in the insert bag. But it does fit. I just measured though and even though it is a wide screen is it only 14 straight across. Darlin! You may have trouble finding exactly what you want because big once are hard to find and not usually cheap. Sorry! :(

Well, calling me Darlin makes the bad news hit softer.

;)

ok. Here is the pic I promised. The bag sticking out of the top is what the laptop goes in and the cables and stuff go in other pockets. If I want to I can take that bag out and use it in a larger bag or back pack. You can barely see my ehd as it is the same color as my laptop...when I travel or take my laptop somewhere, I just unplug the cords and slip the laptop in the bag leaving the ehd on it at all times. They did ask me to remove it from the laptop at one airport but only once. HTH!

Good looking bag Lisa.Did I read that you attached it with velcro. That would be the SticknStick Velcro which attaches via adhesive?

Back to add a couple of links:

Polka Dots

Love how this one is described "unisex." Umm.....really? ;-P

Blue polyester

Plain Black

Other sizes besides this small one

There were a lot more out there... Couldn't seem to find ones with the built in handle, but I swear I was seeing those kind at Walmart...??

Kristy

Looks like there is lots of choices out there Kristy but the sizing can be difficult depending on your type of laptop.

Good looking bag Lisa.Did I read that you attached it with velcro. That would be the SticknStick Velcro which attaches via adhesive?

Yep! I bought white self adhesive velcro strips (small pack and used 2 strips) at Staples when I bought the ehd and zip, zap, peel, stick and done! I put the softside on the laptop so if I did take it off for somereason, the scratch part wouldn't be on my laptop but in my bag or where ever the ehd was. It is awesome done this way. I wish I could find the link here to give credit, but it was way back when I first started coming here. Waaayyy back in Nov! Wow..sure seems longer than that! huh!

Hi ladies.

When I was in Office Depot, I noticed they had these cute laptop sleeves that had a built in handle to them. But, they were expensive. It wasn't a strap, but a built in curve with hole for handle. Make sense? Nice, cute colors and patterns.

I've been googling laptop sleeves and bags this morning and I can't seem to locate these anywhere. Not even on Office Depot's site.

At this point, I'm not set on only that kind. A plain black no-handle one might have to do. I have a 16" screen. The laptop measures roughly 15" by 10". I see more things designed for smaller laptops.

What do you gals use? Where did you buy it?

I saw bags up to $1000.00!!!!! (or more) Ha! For that kind of money, I'd think the person would just pay someone to carry their laptop around. lol

SEEN AT COSTCO LAST WEEK AND ALSO BEFORE CHRISTMAS

I love bags and when I get a new gadget, I'm always on the lookout for a bag that will work for my purposes. When I got my 15.4" laptop, I wanted a "sleeve" similar to the one I have for my work PC (14" laptop). It came inside the Targus soft-side brief and you cannot buy it separately, so I went searching and found one at Office Max that I liked from Samsonite. The 17" version is on sale for $49.99 on the Samsonite website.

I've looked at the cool-patterned sleeves but what it comes down to for me are meeting these requirements:

1) Sleeve, so I can fit it other bags (e.g. soft-sided brief or rolling bag) if desired.

2) Hand-carrying handles

3) Ability to add a shoulder strap - must have metal rings with heavy-duty stitching

4) Light-weight, but sturdily built

5) External pockets for EHD and other "flat-ish" items

I like this sleeve so much, I've even started using it for my work PC.

Edit: I also saw this one in an e-mail ad from HP. I thought it looked cool turning your laptop long-wise. It also goes up to 16" laptops...

I bought a laptop bag when I got my 17" screen laptop -- and I was really concerned that it wouldn't fit, but I saw a review that said it would fit -- just not inside the cushy protective middle. Well, I bought it - and I'm SO glad I did! It is SO CUTE! It's by MiMi, I got it at overstock.com for a fabulous price, and it's the cutest green color. Let's see if I can find a link....

MiMi Pink laptop tote

Green Tote (the one I have) [i see at this store, they come in pink, lilac, black, and green.]

I just love my bag. It's very stylish and cute. And it really does fit my 17" laptop. I use the padded inside area for my wacom pad. there's lots of compartments for my stuff.

My two cents for ya! :)

Oh, and I SO know what you're talking about when you say that you get one thing, you need more... and more... and more! I got a laptop. I *HAD* to have a wacom pad. I *HAD* to have a small EHD. I got a camera. I *HAD* to have a new battery, remote, etc. etc. etc. Never ends.

Gimme gimme gimme!! :)

Those are cool...that is one of the things I considered. I needed to be able to put the cords in it, my mouse and I like to be able to put mags or whatever somewhere. I wish mine was just a tad to bigger. My computer just barely fits in the small bag, but it was all I could find and I HAD to have one right then! :)

Archived