New Book Series I Started

Brandy M

I thought I would share this because I've been waiting on the new book too..I go thru them so fast. Anyway...I just finished the first 3 books (in 1 week!) of Rachel Caine's "Morganville Vampire Series" the first book is called Glass Houses. The are a super read & very fast paced. I could hardly put them down. I immediately ordered the next 2 (book 4 & 5) the 6th one comes out this March. So those of you missing your Twilight fix..here's something to keep you occupied while you aren't scrapping.

Let me know what you think!

PS I also read the 3 Vampire Academy books..those were also good, but I think this series is even better.

Ha!

For some reason, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought YOU had started a book series. That YOU had written it. lol

I was like, "Wow! Brandy is just oozing with talent!"

LOL

Well, you are still oozing with talent.

:)

LOL Char..you wouldn't want anything written by me..I'm no "Ro" and though I LOVE reading..I don't care for writing much at all!

Reyn..yes alot about relationships, some interesting charaters..but yes some gore. It is about Vampires! LOL

After reading this thread, I bought the first book "Glass Houses". I really like it Brandy! I am halfway through it and it is hard to put down. It is different than Twilight, but very enjoyable!

Yeah Lynn..I thought the same thing. The story goes pretty fast, which I like. I read the first 3 then ordered book 4 and 5. They should be here this week. The 6th book I think comes out in March.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been going to the library for weeks with the kids and keep looking for something for myself but nothing seems to be of interest. I'll have to see if our library has this series.

Woo Hoo, our library has it. It was checked out but supposed to be due back today. I just requested it, so hopefully I can get it soon. I'm excited for a good read. Hopefully not scary or anything. DH will be out of town next week.

Okay, so you all seem to be fairly normal, non-freakish people. Could one of you PLEASE tell me what is the appeal of vampires? Suddenly the are just uber cool. I don't get it. At all. I've also never understood the appeal of horror movies (if I want to be terrified I just analyze my life or finances). ;) I'd love to understand this. I really would. :) I'm beginning to think I'm even more freakish than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I would share this because I've been waiting on the new book too..I go thru them so fast. Anyway...I just finished the first 3 books (in 1 week!) of Rachel Caine's "Morganville Vampire Series" the first book is called Glass Houses. The are a super read & very fast paced. I could hardly put them down. I immediately ordered the next 2 (book 4 & 5) the 6th one comes out this March. So those of you missing your Twilight fix..here's something to keep you occupied while you aren't scrapping.

Let me know what you think!

PS I also read the 3 Vampire Academy books..those were also good, but I think this series is even better.

Brandy, I bought the first book in this series when I was in Chicago about a week ago. You should have seen me trying to pull up the SGs website on my Blackberry, do a search and find this thread while I was in Barnes and Noble! It took me about 20 minutes! I was determined to get this book and I couldn't remember the name. WELL, I read the first book and just ordered the next 3.

I really liked it...not as much as Twilight, but it was really enjoyable. I guess that is why I bought the next 3 :)

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Zaz..well umm I guess we are freaks..LOL

No, it has to be me. I'm surrounded by Twilighters now. I'm tempted to borrow a book just so I can "get" it. DH is against it, though, since he's seen what's happened to his co-workers and worries that it's some mind-altering cult. ;) Perhaps I should just stay in the dark. But it's lonely here. ;)

Zaz..well umm I guess we are freaks..LOL

No, it has to be me. I'm surrounded by Twilighters now. I'm tempted to borrow a book just so I can "get" it. DH is against it, though, since he's seen what's happened to his co-workers and worries that it's some mind-altering cult. ;) Perhaps I should just stay in the dark. But it's lonely here. ;)

Whhhahhhaaahha! (,---evil cackle) Come over to the dark side!!! :wub:

I've just finished the 1st 2 books in the series and need to

get the next 2. I've enjoyed them and am already anxiously

awaiting the new the new one due in March. Only fault I've found

is that they were to short!!

Thanks for the recommendation!

I need to pick up these books! I'm going to go and look at Half.com, I think. :) I'm always good for a fun read - even if it is short. (Sometimes those are the best -- you don't feel like you're neglecting your life too much, yet you still get a fun story.)

this post is for zaz because your inbox is full

Zaz,

It's really not that much to do with the vampires that women love the twilight books it has to do with the unbelievable romance and unmatchable attraction that they feel for one another.. women want to be loved by someone who is totally irresistible and that that feeling is not only one sided makes it all the better now the fact that he's a vampire just adds to the feeling...can a love that strong really exist or does it only exist because he's not like the rest of us? Now, having said that this is exactly why the movie was horrible. There is so much that is unspoken between them how they make one another feel at the mere sight of each other ... that you just can't really capture the same in a movie. Do try the books you won't regret it.... and they don't go around killing people. I was really skeptical at first. My friend said try it I was like there is no way I'd like it. I hate scary movies I thought there was no way I'd like them but I tried it and was totally wrapped up in the book.

I hope this explanation helps

Alissa

I just finished book 2 of the Morganville Vampire Series! It was SO good! I can't wait to start the 3rd.

So funny...my husband looked at what I was reading and read the title, "What! 'Dead Girls Dance'...what kind of a book are you reading? Don't let the kids see that!" LOL

You guys are a bad influence ;) Love ya Brandy xoxoxo

but, thanks for the book ideas. I'm liking them. They are a fun little 'escape'

I would love to know what the rest of you guys are thinking of this series. A few of you were going to go out and get it.

I just bought way too much for BOUTIQUE THURSDAY and now I am off to read Book #3!

Well, Zaz, there are good vampires and bad vampires. The good ones are, well, a bit more vegetarian than the bad ones. Well, not vegetarian exactly, but what they eat is not in poor taste... I have read all the books except the last one and I'm saving it for a "too-sick-to-get-out-of-bed-day book" which is absolutely essential at my house as we do not have cable TV.

It really is about the romance, and the vampire part is more like a sub-plot. Although the vampires seem so human in the book, it's wild. (They are more than just cartoon characters like you get in a lot of popular fiction.)

I really did not want to see the movie as I felt the actor was just wrong for Edward's part. To quote the ninth-grade cheerleader in my car last summer, "When I read the book I did not imagine Edward to be like him (the actor) at all. The only person who could play Edward in my mind would be Nick Jonas." I kind of agree. There was an unusual kind of innocence and purity to Edward-in-the-book that is present in Nick Jonas but not in the actor who played Edward.

Archived