Can You Guess What Is Sitting In Front Of Me?

scrappinchar

:disappearing-smilie:

The UPS man just dropped off a package for me.

I guess I should do something with it.

I have opened it.

It is quite lovely.

It is a shiny new box holding a

perfectly new copy of PSE7!!!

The laptop is wondering when I am

going to install it.

Me too.

lol

Maybe I should read something first.

If it has something to read that is.

Lisa, should I look for any instructions first? lol

Yeehaw!!!!!

I hope the PSE4 on my desktop doesn't get jealous.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interested to hear how the transition goes. I got PSE 7 for Christmas (I currently use PSE 4) And we are getting a new computer this weekend, so I will be checking mine out next week, so any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Good luck and have fun!

Charlene I beg to differ.You are not going to be able to do amazing things.You are going to be able to do even MORE amazing things,as you have already done some great things on your layouts to date.Now you can really rock

Charlene I beg to differ.You are not going to be able to do amazing things.You are going to be able to do even MORE amazing things,as you have already done some great things on your layouts to date.Now you can really rock

Awww, thanks!

Thanks gals!

:)

Well Charlene is the layout ready yet lol?

Ummm...give me a minute and I'll post it.

NOT!

Actually, I don't have any pictures or SG supplies on the laptop yet.

Gotta get that done, too!

Thanks gals!

Well Charlene is the layout ready yet lol?

Ummm...give me a minute and I'll post it.

NOT!

Actually, I don't have any pictures or SG supplies on the laptop yet.

Gotta get that done, too!

You will remember to go to bed won't you?lol

Well...this isn't going as planned.

:(

I installed it.

Twice I've gone to start it up. I click on the edit option.

It pulls up the workspace or whatever it's called, then I get this message:

Adove Photoshop Elements (Editor) has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

With the only option: Close Program.

:monstercry:

WHY ISN'T IT WORKING????

:monstercry:

First of all. Step away from the computer and calm down ;-)

This happens. Not to worry. Since you've not used the program go ahead and do as Lisa suggested if there is a repair feature on the disk. If it happens again, go to your Control Panel, Choose Programs and Features (It was Add and Remove in XP) and delete PSE 7. Restart your computer and reinstall from the disk. You may want to do another Restart before you try the program.

Okay, I didn't throw the new laptop or PSE7 disc out the window or anything. lol

I didn't see a repair option. I uninstalled it.

Then reinstalled it.

I think it's working now.

Phew!

I have maybe 12 pictures of the boys on the computer...I pulled one up in the software.

Seems to let me move it around and such.

Phew, again!

You're too funny.

I'm trying to play with it...between children, my DH, and the layer masks class tonight.

I doubt there will be a layout anytime soon! lol

I've got to get my supplies moved over.

Ugh.

Hooray for Charlene! You're on your way!

PS: When you begin adding styles, brushes and actions from your stash, and you have to delete your ThumbsDatabase.db3 file from your files so that it can rebuild the database and have your styles and actions show up in the right spots, don't be surprised if this happens again. Sometimes, it just slips a cog! If it does, just take a deep breath, go back to the Control Panel, uninstall PSE 7 and reinstall again.

I've had to do this several times, but now I believe (and hope) I have a stable system.

You can always uninstall and reinstall!

Now I want to see that layout!

Hooray for Charlene! You're on your way!

PS: When you begin adding styles, brushes and actions from your stash, and you have to delete your ThumbsDatabase.db3 file from your files so that it can rebuild the database and have your styles and actions show up in the right spots, don't be surprised if this happens again. Sometimes, it just slips a cog! If it does, just take a deep breath, go back to the Control Panel, uninstall PSE 7 and reinstall again.

I've had to do this several times, but now I believe (and hope) I have a stable system.

You can always uninstall and reinstall!

Now I want to see that layout!

Ugh, don't tell me all that. lol

I'm in the process right now of putting my supplies on DVDs from the desktop and putting them on the laptop.

I should already have my supplies on DVDs (yes, I know this) but I got lazy and trusted Carbonite to be my backup. At least now I'll have my on-hand back up (the DVDs.)

I guess I'll be doing a major search on the message board for the posts that explain all about installing the styles and actions or what-have-you with PSE7 and Vista.

Unless someone (you?) who is "in the know" wants to put it right here in this thread for me. :)

Funny thing - I used PSE7 for a few months and yesterday morning. Last night I got the message that Photoshop Editor stopped working. I had to do the same thing, uninstall and then reinstall. It seems to be working now.

I have a ton of styles installed so I copied my styles to my download area then after I reinstalled PSE7, I deleted the thumbs database and the layers folder and copied my saved styles folder so all my styles were there.

I have the styles folder in my EHD but was too lazy to get up and get it! lol

Archived