Help With Scrapsimple Templates

Guest lbmitchell

Guest lbmitchell
Okay, I have to say - I LOVE the ScrapSimple templates. Total lifesavers for busy gals who are just learning. I'm using PSP8 and here's my trouble - I can't figure out how to add stuff on top of the background without it going on top of my photos. So I start off like the instructions tell me to - I add my photos and put them behind the template (and I was able to figure out how to color the black template with my pattern paper). But now that I have my photos placed under the template, I can't add any "stuff" on top of the template without it covering my photos. For instance, I wanted to add a band of color that would run behind the photos but on top of the background. Any ideas?

Here's the template I'm using: [url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=4043&cat=35"]http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=4043&cat=35[/url]
The Snow layout in the store for this product is an example of what I'm trying to do - where the background paper has lots of layers but still the photos are on the bottom. Sigh. Help!

Thanks - Lissa

In paintshop pro here is what I would do to accomplish this. I would add the "band of color" I wanted in a layer behind the template itself. Then I would add the photo's on a new layer just above the color bands layer but still under the template itself. You can resize the photo's to make them a bit smaller so the color band layer shows some of the color under the photos by using the raster deform tool. This is how I would do it, so hope this helps a bit, :). Then I'd finish it off with the other embellishments on top of the template layer, :).

Another thing that you might want to consider doing is take the layers you have created with the template and your paper, right? Merge them. The copy and paste them into a completely new document! Then it would act more like a paper background and you can slide things under it, on top of it, add bands of other paper to it, etc. I think that you'll find that it behaves differently that way.

Hope that helps!

I agree, resize your photos to be a bit smaller than the template window so that your band of color shows, or...on the top layer make a square/rectangular selection where you want your band of color then go selections/inside-outside borders (or whatever it was called in 8, sorry, forgot, I'm on X). This will create a selection that is a border, you pick the number of pixels wide. Once you have a two sided border, flood fill it.
Lori

Archived