External Hard Drive Problems

Guest gdsjoy

Guest gdsjoy
the usb port on my external hard drive broke, and now it rattles!!! The usb fits in it, just not snuggly and then my computer doesn't acknowledge the hardrive at all. AAAALLLLLL of my scrapbooking is on there. Started backing it up now that it is all organized, but haven't gotten very far.

[B][COLOR=red]DO ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX A USB PORT????

Are you sure it isn't the port on the computer you are hooking it up to? Often after repeated plugging in and unplugging to them they can become loose from their positions on the motherboard. You could check this by plugging in another USB device to that port on the computer to see if it reads it or not. If it does read it without any problems, then I'd first start by calling the external harddrive's tech support. They should be able to help you further with getting it fixed.

Guest gdsjoy
Yeah, the tech support is $15 I think. It is definately on the hard drive. I think we have a friend that may take a look at it tonight. I can't even think of the possibility of loosing everything on the hard drive! If the guy can't help us tonight, and no one has any further advice, I guess the $15 is totally worth it. Rather pay that than loose it all. I would really loose it if that happens!

Archived