Using Pse6 On A Mac-getting Text Cursor Where I Want It!

mrstucci

Hi- I sometimes have this problem but with this particular layout, it's been frustrating. So the scenario is that I type text on my layout and hit the commit button. It is a separate layer. Now I want to go back and edit it but no matter where I put the text cursor, it creates a new layer!! I don't want a new layer- I want to edit the existing text layer. I tried enlarging the layout and zooming in and that didn't work. There has got to be a way to do this, I just know it. So I know there is a kind soul out there that will give me the tip I NEED so desperately. Judy

Hi - I use Photoshop on Mac and have also had this problem recently. I can't remember exactly what I did to solve it (because I tried everything!) But I think I changed tools and worked on another layer, then when I came back to edit the text, the cursor clicked on the previous text and I was able to edit. Also, before trying to edit the text, I deleted all the empty text layers that were created. You could also try unchecking "auto select" (at the top far left) right before you start to edit the text. Remember to check it again after you complete the text editing. I hope this works for you. Don't give up if it doesn't - somebody might come along and have a better solution for you!

Karen

Hi- well, still can't select the text I want to edit. Never had this much trouble! I deleted all the layers that were blank and moved from layer to layer but all I end up doing is creating another layer which is what I don't want. Thanks for the tips....... Judy

I am not on a mac, but I have PSE 6 and I have this problem sometimes, too. Like you say, it's not always. Have tried zooming in, as well. Sometimes I turn off layers with elements that are nearby and/or the background layer(s) to really isolate that text layer. Doesn't seem like we should have to do this, but.....Also maybe you might try clicking on the text tool (i.e. be sure you have that selected and not the move tool) if you want to edit the text, not just move it.

Archived