Where Are My Shopping In The Boutique Thursday Girls?

Guest dawnsmemories

Good morning!! It's only 7:30 am and you have already gotten the thread over 25 posts!!

I'm enjoying my coffee, thinking about the buttertarts sitting on the kitchen counter (DH has way more willpower then I do!) or maybe I should have some banana bread.... Tyler's up, Alex is still sleeping. I have to take them both to school today (YIPEE for me!) in just over an hour from now. Then I have 3 hours to do something. I have no idea how cold it is outside, I hope the winds died down from yesterday, we were getting gusts up to 70 km/hr.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, Becca. I had no idea. I'm so sorry, honey.

Girls, what can we do for Becca? Set up a new username and post "Thinking of You" cards for her in the gallery?

The poor thing has never had a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme doughnut.

This is such sad news to be hearing. Becca, if there's anything I can do...let me know, okay?

:roll-on-floor-laughing:

I just read your first line and then scrolled up to see what I missed!

Sadly we do not have Krispy Kreme in Canada. Sometimes people will drive to Grand Forks and buy some though. It's only 3 hours on the highway.

Sounds like you need some BioFreeze Theresa! Its a wonderful Pain Relief Roll on or gel whichever way that you get it...I buy it from my Chiropractor. You should be able to get one from yours or from a podiatrist. This is a wonderful cryotherapy-cold method way of relieving pain from arthritis, muscle soreness, joints and back pain. I had to use it yesterday when I was hurting both hips and shoulders.

So far I've tried cold and I've tried heat....heat provides the better relief because it loosens up the muscles so I can move my neck easier. But thanks for the suggestion!!!

I'm probably the only individual in the US who has had a warm Krispy Kreme donut and just wasn't impressed. Tasted like any other glazed donut I've had before. I'll stick with the little mom & pop donut shop near my parents house....their apple fritters are TO DIE FOR!!!

Ah got to go.My model for my photography homework is getting restless and he is the only model I will get the chance to use and he had to be "persuaded" to even sit for me.Bye for now.Leave something on the shelves for me

Guest dawnsmemories

When I was younger, I would take a Dunkin Donut chocolate cake donut over anything but now, the warm Krispie Kreme are my favorite.

I would love to send you some but really they are not the same if they are not warm :(

Oh, I love Krispy Kremes when they are fresh off the line. I'd always watch for the "HOT" sign when I was driving on the interstate down in Minneapolis region. Sadly, they're gone now. :( We used to have them in the convenience stores around here, but they're no big deal to me cold. There is a bakery in Aitkin, MN, known as the Aitkin Bakery (creative, huh?) that has all kinds of amazing baked goods. Even their hamburger buns. Must go to Aitkin on my next morning off.

I'm still slogging around here, but at least I got a shower and don't feel quite as yucky. Our furnace is acting wacky and we were up rather late last night trying to figure out what to do about it. Bryan actually shut it off for three hours and got up in the middle of the night to turn it back on so we'd have heat this morning. I think the thermostat isn't working. There will be a repairman here sometime today. *sigh* Just another bill to add to the pile. *heavier sigh*

Did anyone make hot chocolate this morning? I hate coffee.

Oh, Becca. I had no idea. I'm so sorry, honey.

Girls, what can we do for Becca? Set up a new username and post "Thinking of You" cards for her in the gallery?

The poor thing has never had a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme doughnut.

This is such sad news to be hearing. Becca, if there's anything I can do...let me know, okay?

:rofl: My hips and butt are probably thankful for this lack of indulgence, though. ;)

When I was younger, I would take a Dunkin Donut chocolate cake donut over anything but now, the warm Krispie Kreme are my favorite.

I would love to send you some but really they are not the same if they are not warm :(

DD Chocolate Cake ones are still one of my favorites. And the irony of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in this area - convenience stores sell them. But they are never very fresh and certainly never warm.

I work the afternoon shift today so thought I'd drop in for the morning shopping call (I'm usually reading this post in the evening when the shelves are all neatly stacked and I have your previews of all the goodies available) - didn't realize how early the boutique lines formed. So morning all - I better get another cup of coffee.

Guest dawnsmemories

ok I guess I will have to wait to see what's new once I get back... off to drop the kids off, pick up a birthday present, and new EHD (actually 2 dh and I both need another) and a book from B&N! Not to mention my Krispie Kremes!

Have fun but not too much fun!

Love ya!

Dawn

I'm probably the only individual in the US who has had a warm Krispy Kreme donut and just wasn't impressed. Tasted like any other glazed donut I've had before. I'll stick with the little mom & pop donut shop near my parents house....their apple fritters are TO DIE FOR!!!

Nope, you can put me on that list too! LOL We don't even have a donut shop here - sigh - except for the local grocery and the WalMart. I just have to bake my own muffins - hmmmmm, maybe while I wait for shopping.

I'm just getting crushed here.

2 people to say that they aren't impressed with Hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts???

I think I'm gonna need a "Get Well" card for me. lol

;)

Zaz, I'll make you some hot cocoa! Mikaelynn's been asking for it since yesterday, too. Want marshmallows or whipped cream? She likes both. :)

I'll take the whipped cream, please. I just went through my cupboards and couldn't find ONE SPECK of hot chocolate stuff anywhere. Sad, sad, sad. Perhaps Charlene will make me a card. I even considered melting down a little, tiny 3 Muskateers Mint (you know, the dark chocolate things with no HFCS and fewer calories) in some milk. Is that desperate? Or do I still have a ways to go?

*slogs back into the warehouse again*

You gals are funny. I just finished up my end..so now it's just to wait for the designers to get up and around and get their stuff in the store. There's was some fun stuff submitted this week! And sorry..I don't have anything new this week. I had to take a little break, maybe next week.

Archived