42 replies to this topic

#31 Shelbi

Shelbi

Grumpy Lumpy Scrapping Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

Ok ladies, you can add me to the Kindle Klub LOL.

#32 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Yaaay Michelle! Are you in love yet??? :D
Jan

#33 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

Oh Mala! You made me LOL! I am so proud to have been an enabler and introduce you to the wonderful Kindle! Believe me, you will truly get to the point where you won't leave home without it, if you're not there already! ;)

Isn't it fun to introduce others to the Kindle! That happens every place we go! People see it and are intrigued and just can't help but stop and ask about it. Now, if only we got a commission! :D

Are you going to join in on any of the Book Klubs on the Kindle Boards? I'm doing 2 right now, or trying to. One for my DH's book, In Her Name and the one for the second book in the Outlander series. Of course, I haven't even had time to visit the Kindle Boards in the past couple of days, so gotta get caught up! What's your username over there, btw?

OMG I LOVE the Outlander series!:) Have you read them before Jan, or is this your first time through? Kindle or no (I don't have one yet anyway) I might need to go join that discussion group. Will they let a lowly DTV gal in on it, lol? I rarely purchase books...I'm a library gal all the way!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 Shelbi

Shelbi

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

Yaaay Michelle! Are you in love yet??? :D

read my blog to find out!!!!
(there is a link under my siggie)

#35 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Oh Cheri, I've read and re-read the Outlander series. Every time a new book comes out, I have to re-read from the beginning. We're on the second book of the series now in the book klub. We hope to be finished with all of them in time for the new one coming out in September. Please do join us! The more the merrier! Here's the link to the klub page.

Heading over to your blog now, Michelle! :)
Jan

#36 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yaaay, Michelle! I love that you love it, and that you read one whole book your first day! That's my gal! :D
Jan

#37 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

I just love how fast I can shop for books. In the past, an hour or so browsing at B&N, then getting my books. Now three minutes online and I'm stocked for a week. (I read a book in a day or 2 usually). I would love to join a bookclub, but there just are not enough hours in a day. But I love my Kindle. It is the best thing in the world, next to my camera and my laptop.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

#38 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

Sandi, I wanted to ask you, did you enjoy having it with you on the trip? Much better than lugging a bunch of books around, wasn't it! :)
Jan

#39 anemone1983

anemone1983

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

It's no Kindle, but I'm getting closer...went for the iPod Touch and added the Kindle App. Read Stephen King's short UR now reading book 1 of Twilight series (just to see if I like reading e-books and if I like the series -- so much hype!).

After I see my finances post-Hawaii, Kindle 2 will be on my doorstep. Sandi's post about reading books and trying to get them to good homes resonated with me - I'm drowning in books and that's after I culled everything but the most important to me (Louisa May Alcott collection - she wrote a lot more than Little Women!) new ones keep coming into the house...no place to store them and no place locally to donate...sigh.
Michele

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Kricket

Kricket

• Members
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

My sister gave me a Kindle2 for my birthday!
I was overwhelmed - tears, laughter, jumping etc.
I love it. Once I start reading I don't even think about it not being a "paper"book.
It's so easy to order - I have to be careful I don't over spend (like in the SG
boutique).
Addicted Scrapper "Do not go where the path may lead, go where there is no path and leave a trail" RW Emerson
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, Marion, I know what you mean about the overspending being so easy. I see one book and then amazon gives you recommendations for more and sure enough they look terrific so I get at least one of those. then they suggest more and on and on. My list is onto the second page so far. Have you got any music downloaded on to it yet. I tried that, but haven't gotten it to work. Haven't had time to go back and retry it, need to get that feature up and running, I love to listen to classical music while reading.

This was just the best for traveling. Before Kindle (BK) I would pack two or three books, carry one paperback on a plane with me, and then just leave them in a hotel room when I was done. Never failed that I finished one on the first flight and then had to buy a new paperback in an airport store at a big inflated price. This last trip, Kindle in my purse, out during flight, read, read, read, download new book in airport, read, read, read, download new book in hotel, recharge in hotel and read somemore. Easy to carry, easy to read, no extra books to pack, got to read just released books that aren't out in paperback yet, so saved $$ on buying a new release HB.

For avid readers, this is a terrific way to go. I think that by the end of the year I will have saved on books, saved on trees, and have a great archived collection.
Posted Image

#42 Shelbi

Shelbi

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

being short on funds at the moment and trying to save for convention, I haven't bought many books for my kindle but I have downloaded lots of free books!!! mostly classics but that's ok LOL.
I am currently reading pride and prejudice.

#43 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Good for you Michelle. I should do that, but hey, I have no self discipline.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users