Any Okies Out There-

Alberta

I think that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I'm the WORST at being able to do things because I'm generally tied down with my toddlers. But DH's family lives in Sapulpa and could possibly be willing to babysit...

Oh... btw...I'm in the OKC/Norman area.

Welcome! I am not in OK anymore, but I am still an Okie at heart! You will love it here!

Lisa, once an Okie, always an Okie. My brother lives in Dallas, and believe me, he's still an Okie.

My DH and I have always talked about how Ok and Tx have an exchange program. A lot of people are born, raised, go to school in OK and end up working in TX. And a bunch of people are born, raised, go to school in TX and end up working in OK. It is very common to see cars like our with TX tags and OU alumni stickers and cars with OK tags and TX alumni stickers cruising all up and down I-35 and Hwy 75 every weekend! The OU alumni club is huge here and very active! :)

Well, let's see how much response we get and go from there. I know it couldn't be too hard to find a place for us. All we need is a room with lots of plug ins right :disappearing-smilie:

I would be willing to do some of the leg work or phone calls, etc. I just think it would be great to have one. I really want to go to convention, but am not sure if I can.

There are not very many ladies around here tht digi scrap but I know I could find a few and maybe even a few recruits.

• 2 months later...

Alberta, Lori and Sally,

Did you all ever plan a time to get together? There's another newbie like me named Andie in the Tulsa area, too. I'd love to meet sometime! Any other Okies that you all know of? Alberta I grew up in Bartlesville, my parents still live there.

Let me know what you all think!

Cathy

I'm an Okie too! Although I don't live there anymore due to my husband's job in the Navy, I have family all over the state: OKC, Norman, Perry, Tulsa, Weatherford, Edmond, and Elk City (I don't think I left anyone out - lol).

My stepmom is a digi scrapper too. She was at the convention last year and already has her ticket and room for this year.

If you guys decide to get together, I'd love to know about it. If we are in OK visiting, I'd love to join the party. And I'm sure my stepmom would enjoy meeting all of you as well.

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm another Okie. I live in Edmond, Ok but spend my summers in Ruidoso, NM. I am going to the convention this year and will hopefully meet some of the other Okla. girls. Would love to get together with others.

I'd love to meet the Oklahoma Scrap Girls, sometime too! And I'll be at the convention in Oct. as well. Maybe we can get something planned. Lori's (Ritzbits) baby is due in Sept., so maybe sometime after convention would be best.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived