Washington / Oregon Scrapgirls

sarabethp

I could meet the bus in Salem. I am not sure where, but it is on my way to Portland. If it is more difficult than it is worth I understand.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have a plan as to what we do when we get together? I know we chatter and chatter getting to know each other. For sure, we'll talk DSBing. Do we need to bring food ... like potluck? Do we bring laptops and play with a project? Do we have a time frame ... gathering from ?:00 to ?:00 ? See, I'm just full of questions that could have all the answers in previous posts that I can't remember. :) and while I'm asking the questions ... where do you all get the different smilie icons different from the ones that are in the meesage box? (like when I just want a smiley face instead of a crazy dancing chicken - hee hee.

I just checked Greyhound and if I go up one way on Thursday I won't get the bus until after 9 arriving in Portland until 1:15 pm. Somehow I think thats almost too late for a lunch break. However If I get the same bus to Eugene I will get there at 10:30 in the morning. Sara, I think its harder for you to find the bus in Salem than in Eugene. If I get the 14 day advance which is by Thursday this week and only to Eugene it'll only cost me 13.00 for the bus. To Portland same day is 22.00 dollars.

I just checked Greyhound and if I go up one way on Thursday I won't get the bus until after 9 arriving in Portland until 1:15 pm. Somehow I think thats almost too late for a lunch break. However If I get the same bus to Eugene I will get there at 10:30 in the morning. Sara, I think its harder for you to find the bus in Salem than in Eugene. If I get the 14 day advance which is by Thursday this week and only to Eugene it'll only cost me 13.00 for the bus. To Portland same day is 22.00 dollars.

I hate to say this Vaughnde, but I can't afford a drive down to Eugene and all the way up to Portland in one month. It is over 45 minutes to get down to Eugene. Then we would need to turn around and drive back the way we came. I wish it was different with all my heart. Are you sure you can't take the bus any further north? Albany, Salem, Woodburn, Wilsonville? I am sorry. I feel so bad.

Don't feel bad Sara. Let me do some more checking okay. I've had a busy day and was only on the greyhound site for a few minutes. I'm off to the Pool and then back here for the Card chat (no time to make a card today :( ) unless I do one later tonight! hehe....I'll post in here when I know okay?

Don't feel bad Sara. Let me do some more checking okay. I've had a busy day and was only on the greyhound site for a few minutes. I'm off to the Pool and then back here for the Card chat (no time to make a card today :( ) unless I do one later tonight! hehe....I'll post in here when I know okay?

Don''t buy too quick. DH has a special reunion going on the weekend after that I just found out about and I may need to save our travel money for that. He is making the decision tonight. I will let you know as soon as I know what is going on. We can't afford both trips right now and his is more important at the moment.

I think my kitchen may still be intact on the 23rd. Haven't gotten a firm tear out date from the builder, but I know he is going to Europe next week, so that will push it back. :D

I feel like this post is a "on the way to the forum" post ... got a little distracted with surfing through the gallery there for a few ... April, I was thinking about your worries about your kitchen while I was working on editing a photo ... If your kitchen is all in pieces, everyone is welcome to meet on the East side at my house. You might have to worry about contaminating your scrapbooking with my quilting :) but I'd be happy to welcome everyone in for our gathering. Just so you know that we have options ...

DH is up in the air about his reunion, so don't count on me being there. I will be able to come up at a moments notice though. I plan on leaving that day free, just in case :D Sorry, I can't promise to get you anywhere. We will have to plan it another time. Also, if I do come up I will have to leave by about 2 at the latest to get pick up my DS at school. We only have one car and DH would be stuck at home during the day with no way to get him. (I might look into seeing if a friend can bring him home.)

No problem. I have the money set aside for the bus so will go ahead and get the bus ticket for Portland. April, do you think you can put up with me for a couple of days until Mom and Dad are done in Beaverton on Saturday? And Kay I would love to visit with you more. I do have a deaf friend in Gresham at the Assisted Living place for the deaf in Gresham that wants me to see her...so I think we are gonna have to somehow coordinate all this :)

Okay, the builder just called and gave me a tear out date.... um, gosh, it is April 22nd. :wacko: I'm not sure what they plan on doing on the 23rd, but I don't imagine that it will be quiet. I'm up for driving to Kay's on the east side of town. We'll have to do another sometime in June in my freshly remodeled kitchen. :D

You are still welcome to stay here Vaughnde, the construction zone is limited to just one room. I think my fridge will be in the family room and I will be cooking in the laundry room and on the grill. Oh, it is going to be a fun month or so.

Oh yay, he just called back and changed it to the 27th. :) So, my house will still be intact.

Okay, the builder just called and gave me a tear out date.... um, gosh, it is April 22nd. :wacko: I'm not sure what they plan on doing on the 23rd, but I don't imagine that it will be quiet. I'm up for driving to Kay's on the east side of town. We'll have to do another sometime in June in my freshly remodeled kitchen. :D

You are still welcome to stay here Vaughnde, the construction zone is limited to just one room. I think my fridge will be in the family room and I will be cooking in the laundry room and on the grill. Oh, it is going to be a fun month or so.

Okay, I'll be ready for everybody. What is the best way to get directions to all of you? Oh, I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and having some good scrap talk.

No problem. I have the money set aside for the bus so will go ahead and get the bus ticket for Portland. April, do you think you can put up with me for a couple of days until Mom and Dad are done in Beaverton on Saturday? And Kay I would love to visit with you more. I do have a deaf friend in Gresham at the Assisted Living place for the deaf in Gresham that wants me to see her...so I think we are gonna have to somehow coordinate all this :)

Friday and Saturday my dh is going to the Camporee with the scouts, so it is a good time. I do need to get my kitchen cabinets unloaded then, but hey, you can help. ;)

Just a quick summary of the event as I am seeing it... please correct if i am wrong.

The time is what time?

The lunch will still be at April's because her tear-out was delayed to the 27th?

(if it indeed moved to Kay's, please advise).

I am still planning to bring the mexican beef casserole. (If someone thinks i should make chicken instead,

please SAY SO! thanks)

I should be able to arrive by 11:30 (or sooner) to get the casserole in the oven on time (half hour).

If GD comes, I will go directly home and not stay overnight. I need to be back in Pt Orch by 7:00

to get her to a ride home, so I can stay until 3 or so. If she cannot come I will stay overnight and leave early Fri.

DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION should be posted here soon? Thanks!

Just a quick summary of the event as I am seeing it... please correct if i am wrong.

The time is what time?

The lunch will still be at April's because her tear-out was delayed to the 27th?

I am still planning to bring the mexican beef casserole. (If someone thinks i should make chicken instead,

please SAY SO! thanks)

I should be able to arrive by 11:30 (or sooner) to get the casserole in the oven on time (half hour).

If GD comes, I will go directly home and not stay overnight. I need to be back in Pt Orch by 7:00

to get her to a ride home, so I can stay until 3 or so. If she cannot come I will stay overnight and leave early Fri.

That is the gist that I have gotten. I too can be there about 11:30pm. Beef casserole sounds good. I'll bring a favorite my favorite Taco Salad to go with it. I have to leave about 2pm to pick up DS from school.

Still not sure if I am coming though. DH is being rather indecisive and it is frustrating.

The time is what time?

please SAY SO! thanks)

Ah ha! I love it when a plan all comes together! Hooray for April and her builder and how nice when she gets her new kitchen! Oh, I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself :) How fun to get together. And yes, V there will definitely be time to chat more. Let me know what I need to bring and where I'm going.

I'm not really wanting to put my address up on the message board, so I'll send you all a PM with my address and directions. Well, Gayle and Sara don't really need them. And do we know who is picking up Vaughnde? The bus station is about 20 minutes from my house.

I'm not really wanting to put my address up on the message board, so I'll send you all a PM with my address and directions. Well, Gayle and Sara don't really need them. And do we know who is picking up Vaughnde? The bus station is about 20 minutes from my house.

Probably best for April to pick her up if she knows where the station is, as we are foreigners all to Portland, LOL

Probably best for April to pick her up if she knows where the station is, as we are foreigners all to Portland, LOL

Ah, you assume i now where the station is!!! A while ago I was supposed to meet Vaughnde there on her way through town and I went to the wrong place. :D I still have never been there.

Archived