Changing Colors On Your Monitor...

scrappinchar

Hey. When I got my laptop last month...the colors were a little "off" to me. Compared to how some SG products looked in the boutique (on my desktop) and how the items looked printed out.

I changed the settings for the colors on my monitor.

Now I can't for the life of me find it again where to do so.

Anybody know what I need to be clicking on to get to where I can play with the red, green, blue settings? (I think it was those colors.)

Thanks.

If you right click on the desktop and go to Personalize there are lots of settings there. I also have display management there which is software that came with the monitor that allows me to do settings.

HTH

Sigh. I've gone there...right click and Personalize. I've clicked on everything that comes up from there...and just can't seem to find the place I once was.

I'll keep looking though.

lol

Sorry, but the first thing I did when I read that suggestion was to laugh. And think, "And where do I find that?" lol

Off I go to look some more. lol

Let me go type in "monitor color"

I've tried other phrases...I should have written them down so I'll stop typing in the same things. lol

And I did that before Ro had her blog entry...so I didn't pay attention to her instructions. Maybe I should go hunt down her entry now. lol

I'm getting a tad frustrated.

lol

I thought I was happy with my colors as I made them.

But wanted to go back and tweak them. But can't find 'em now.

Argh.

And I did the screen shot like Ro suggested. What printed out was definately a pink based purple. Almost more pink than purple to me. I've got the color of the board looking very straight purple. Bluish purple, I suppose.

I felt like resetting the colors to the "factory" settings...if I can just figure out how to get back to it. lol

I...won't...give...up...not...yet....

Oh my goodness.

lol

I FINALLY stumbled upon what I was after.

And, yes, it seems to be with my graphics card.

Phew.

Now to see what I want to do.

If I make the board on my screen match the pinkish/purple that printed out, then I think some other things will look "funny" to me. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

I will first just set it back to the original settings which I think had the pinkish/purple to start with...

off I go now that I found it....

:)

Now that I restored it to the default settings...it is soooo bright. Makes the board almost painful to look at...washed out.

And the default settings makes the board have the blueish purple...not pink.

But, people's skin tones in layouts in the gallery look right.

Hmmm.

So...I'm back to tweaking.

Sigh.

Archived