Trouble With Free Download

gritstoner

I'm having trouble downloading the free SG Refresh paper3 file. It seems ok then gets 'stuck' at 91% complete. When I look at the directory I am downloading it to there is no zip folder there to delete before I retry. Everything else from this collection has downloaded fine & I've never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Yes, it is likely that we are absolutely getting slammed at the moment. we have so MANY MANY people on our newsletter list. And this is a HUGE freebie. This will be the absolutely biggie freebie downloading spree in our history. We are holding our breath this weekend - particularly today as so many people were opening that newsletter at once.

The best thing is to wait a while and try again.

I had no problems but just wanted to let you all know that "YOU ARE THE BEST" I love the kit. Thank you SO much! I will be picking up my copy of the Mag next week. I have been waiting most IMPATIENTLY for it.

Dee

I have a different problem. I was able to download everything just fine. The problem arose when trying to unzip the ScrapSimple template files. I keep getting a prompt for a password. I finally had to just abort.

Can anyone help?

mant thanks in aadvance!
Susan

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Patience is not one of my virtues ;-) Took me 5 attempts this morning (while most of the USA is soundly sleeping) but have finally got it! I'm not surprised there is such a big demand for this collection - its wonderful.

Sorry Susan, I can't help with the password problem as I've never come accross it myself.

Yes, I wanted to pipe in here and say a big THANK YOU for this huge freebie. I'm so happy that you will be featured in the Simple Scrapbooking Digital 5 magazine. I've been waiting and waiting for this to come out. No other featured designers have offered this much for freebies. I'm happy the world will get a big helping of what beauty and quality you offer here at Scrapgirls!

[quote name='s3js' date='Apr 21 2006, 09:38 PM']I have a different problem.  I was able to download everything just fine.  The problem arose when trying to unzip the ScrapSimple template files.  I keep getting a prompt for a password.  I finally had to just abort. 

Can anyone help?

mant thanks in aadvance!
Susan
[right][post="40301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Susan,
I'm not sure the exact reason for the password prompt. Most likely, your download or Internet connection hiccupped during the process. If you haven't already tried this, delete the files that are aren't working and trying downloading them again (instead of overwriting the previous files, just delete them first).

I hope this helps. Let us know if it does or not. Someone may have a better solution. :)

Enjoy!

Guest Cropnpix
From me too, many thanks for the Refresh freebie! I had been looking for a kit to do a mini album for my dad of pictures from our visits to him at the beach in Florida. This kit was perfect! And I preordered Digital 5 weeks ago so I'm just ready to see it in my mailbox! To Ro and all the designers who worked so hard on it, it is much appreciated!

Yep, that problem with the file was an interrupted download. That password request is always an indication of that because we don't password protect our files.

Delete the file. Reboot. And then download it to a DIFFERENT location on your computer. You have to force your ISP to give you a brand new download or they will try to give you the same interrupted one again. It saves them money to do that.

Thank you, Ro and Thoa! That was the ticket. Kind of like that magic phrase: Thank you! I appreciate it greatly. These are absolutely wonderful kits!

Blessings,
Susan

[quote name='Ro' date='Apr 22 2006, 01:29 PM']Yep, that problem with the file was an interrupted download. That password request is always an indication of that because we don't password protect our files.

Delete the file. Reboot. And then download it to a DIFFERENT location on your computer. You have to force your ISP to give you a brand new download or they will try to give you the same interrupted one again. It saves them money to do that.
[right][post="40370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Archived