I'm So Excited

sweetaudrey

My husband just sent me the confirmation email for a brand new NIKON D60 and a 16G SD Card! :) I'm sure you girls know how thrilled I am! Needless to say, we were extremely pleased with our income tax return, and were able to put a large chunk in savings...do some household repairs, and pick out a "toy" of our own. He of course- is building a decked out computer for gaming. I have had to struggle....and yes, I do mean struggle...with choosing between a camera OR the Convention. It was a very hard choice. Hopefully you girls won't be mad at me...but since my camera died on Christmas Eve...I need new pictures to scrap.

Oh, I can't wait...it will probably be here Tuesday or Wednesday, which will feel like an eternity. But until then, I'm going to go to Half Price Books and look for DSLR for Dummies, or in my case- Goobers. . ;) I do want to thank our Scrapguy Dave- he has a wealth of knowledge about cameras and photography- and helped me tremendously narrow it down. So thanks Dave.

Thanks for letting me share my happy news....and if anybody has any good tips or books to share for SLR, I'd be more than happy to hear them!

Oh Audrey! I'm so happy for you! That's a great camera! I've played with it alot at Best Buy and almost bought it until I got a deal I couldn't refuse on my Canon XSi.

It's okay that you aren't going to be at the convention. The way I look at it....there are more of us that aren't going than those who are. You are in the majority! We'll still have fun that week too!

Congratulations, Audrey! I know you're going to be so happy with your new camera! I think you made an excellent choice. I've look at that camera myself, and drooled!

I would suggest Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Books 1 and 2. They are not really expensive, you can usually get them as a set which is a better price than buying them separately. And they are just full of lots of good ideas and information.

Can't wait to see some of your new photos! Enjoy!

I love your excitement. Audrey! I'll say you need a camera first although I know you would have loved to go to the convention! Maybe you'll have another wind-fall! Have fun with your new camera so you can keep on being a happy digi-scrapper!!

Congrats, I have the D60 too and love it. I have the 8G card. That 16 sounds wonderful.

I got Corey Hilz's book written for the D60. It has a 5 minute quick start guide that I love and then it goes into further detail in the following chapters. Like Sarah, I have the second edition of Scott Kelby's book. I want the first edition since they build on each other. His books are very practical and give scenarios for different types of shots and then how to handle them for the best results. I recommend them highly.

I can't wait to see your photos.

Thanks girls! :) I knew you would understand, and stand by my choice of camera over convention!

And Glorie- maybe that wind-fall will come in a stimulus package or something, rofl. Then it will be hello Utah for me, I haven't been there since I was born in Delta.

So, Scott Kelby and Corey Hilz- I will definitely check those books out tomorrow.

Is it Wednesday yet!???

Oh, you must be so excited!

FYI, there are tons of online photography websites out there just waiting for you to discover them! May I recommend my favorite...Digital Photography School (DPS)....which has tons and tons and tons of tips. You can subscribe to the RSS news feed or a daily or weekly email...I do the daily one....and have learned ever so much.

Who knows, maybe later on, there might still be a chance you can make th convention. Don't give up yet!

Enjoy, as I'm SURE you will!

Oh, you must be so excited!

FYI, there are tons of online photography websites out there just waiting for you to discover them! May I recommend my favorite...Digital Photography School (DPS)....which has tons and tons and tons of tips. You can subscribe to the RSS news feed or a daily or weekly email...I do the daily one....and have learned ever so much.

Who knows, maybe later on, there might still be a chance you can make th convention. Don't give up yet!

Enjoy, as I'm SURE you will!

Audrey I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

I just got a Nikon D40 and have been really happy with it.

The D60 must be awesome. My old camera just wasn't working &

I too needed a camera in order to scrap. Hopefully something

may come up and you will get to go to the convention:) Have fun

with your new camera!

How exciting is this, Audrey!?!?!?!? CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm SO thrilled for you! You are simply going to love that camera! Those fabulous cameras take GREAT pictures! I'm so excited for you! :) And if you fall into that windfall, somehow, come to convention TOO! :)

Oh Audrey I so know your excitiement!!! I got my new camera last year and the excitiement still hasn't worn off. You have had some great recommendations for books and bits here. I second the Scott Kelby books. he is such an entertaining and humous writer. I really enjoy his books. Can't wait to see your stunning photos you are going to get now!!!

That is awesome Audrey. I'm drooling over that dslr at the moment. I chose convention (but I might have chosen camera if my p&s had died also.) Have lots of fun! I'm hoping to save up for one soon.

Woo Hoo! I have the D40 and love it. Someday I plan to upgrade but now there is so much I don't know about the D40. I can't justify the upgrade.

I know you are excited for Wed. to get here. I would be standing at the door waiting for UPS. Hope you have fun shooting all those pics of Peyton! WE can't wait to see them.

Mad? Who would ever be mad at you!! You have a New Toy!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see what pics you take with it!! I'm envious I want that camera too!

It's here and I'm in love. :wub:

I've already snapped 200 photos this evening!

I just wanted to share my joy- now if you excuse me, I have a a couple Manuals I want to look at and a camera waiting to be in my hands!

Hope you are all having a good night!!

Archived