How Was The 1st Scrapgirls Retreat? I Missed It And All The Talk Share your stories of the SG Retreat Again Please:)
Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:42 PM
God blessed me to go last year and I would love to have HIM bless someone else who needs it most this year
Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:43 AM
It was fantastic and I loved every minute of it.
Ok, now the nitty gritty details.
1. the setting was lovely. The old historic buildings right there next to the the guesthouse were really cool. Big room, lots of round table with.... what else? Purple tablecloths. when we signed in we were greeted by a team member, a "purple shirt". We had cool name badges that were blinkies. They gave us a bag of goodies including a cd with a fabulous collection and class materials. And goodies like chocolate.
2. each table was headed by a designer and LO artists and set up as software specific. So I first sat at the table with Amanda Sok for CS3. The classes had a big screen projection of the program and we walked through each class doing the most amazing things.
3. Games and lots of them. and prizes. I won a purple watch.
4. the best part.... getting to meet everyone. Loved meeting all the familiar names from the MB, they have faces and voices, but they were the same sweet funny ladies I chat with everyday. and then getting to know the non MB ladies who were great too. More of them than I expected, but now I see them more and more. I think that was one of the best things, getting to really meet my friends, lots and lots of hugs and laughter.
5. good food
6. fun field trip.
7. not much sleep
8. left SLC wanting to come back again.
Does that help? It was a fantastic experience and I'm really looking forward to doing it again this year.
A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown
Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:57 AM
The happiness of my life depends on
the quality of my thoughts.
Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:53 AM
I really enjoyed the little field trip we went on too!!
The days were long (but in a good way LOL).
It was so much fun to actually MEET all the people you already know.
I was surprised by how many ladies came to the convention who were not on the message board!!
(have you ever noticed that I am so much better at bullet lists then at writing paragraphs? Thanks facebook LOL)
It was all fun and informative and great!!!!
Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:25 PM
Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:29 PM
Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:58 PM
Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:54 PM
I JUST can't wait! I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve! I am SO looking forward to learning things. You mentioned software specific tables.... WHat GREAT idea! May I ASSUME at least one other woman will be using Paint Shop Pro? I hope so, or I will be a sore thumb! No matter, I am loooking FORWARD!
Thanks everyone for telling us about the events last year. This year can only be even BETTER!
Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:11 PM
Oh no! My voice was rather hoarse from allergies. I usually sound much nicer. Do you think you can change my voice after the next convention?
Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:50 PM
Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:46 PM
~ Namaste ~
My SG Gallery