Any Kits With Forsythia?

I'm sorry I don't know either, but I'll offer a useless fact. :P We had two of these bushes in our yard, when I was growing up, and for a long time I was convinced they were mine. My child-like ears heard the name of the bush as "for Cynthia." I just knew my mom and dad had planted them for ME! :D

It would be fun to have some of them in the boutique. I can't get a picture of them here in Brazil, and I'd love to do a page and journal about my misconception as a child! One day, my kids will probably enjoy knowing about their mother's silliness! :P

I don't recall seeing any in the boutique but that doesn't mean there might not be some.

That's such a sweet story Cynthia. :) We have forsythia in all four corners of our yard. They are so lovely in the spring. For those that don't have them, they are a shrub that puts out lots of yellow, bell-shaped flowers along the branches. Some years we have hardly any and sometimes they are really full. I think it has to do with if we have a freeze after they have set their buds or not.

I was about to kick myself, if you were right, Cherise!!!! I have that collection, but I just checked and it's not forsythia. It's something called loostrife? Never heard of it, but the flowers do look something like forsythia. The stalk structure, however, does not. Thanks for pointing it out though! It's such a pretty collection - was one of my first purchases here.

I don't recall seeing any in the boutique but that doesn't mean there might not be some.

That's such a sweet story Cynthia. :) We have forsythia in all four corners of our yard. They are so lovely in the spring. For those that don't have them, they are a shrub that puts out lots of yellow, bell-shaped flowers along the branches. Some years we have hardly any and sometimes they are really full. I think it has to do with if we have a freeze after they have set their buds or not.

Oh, Pat! Maybe this sounds silly, but posting earlier really made me want to journal about that story! :P I can't get pictures of the original bushes, because they're not there anymore (AND my parents have moved). Would you take some pics of your bushes for me? I would soooo appreciate it. At least, it would give me a pic or two for a page about "my" bushes!

Sorry. I think I just hijacked this thread. :unsure:

Back to the original question - does anyone know of any forsythia in the boutique? Or did Zaz's monkeys eat it?

Its funny- your thread is bringing back memories for me as well. My dad always says "When the forsythia blooms, Kimmy was born." Didn't see any in the boutique though either... Now I have to find one and take a picture this spring!

Oh, Pat! Maybe this sounds silly, but posting earlier really made me want to journal about that story! :P I can't get pictures of the original bushes, because they're not there anymore (AND my parents have moved). Would you take some pics of your bushes for me? I would soooo appreciate it. At least, it would give me a pic or two for a page about "my" bushes!

Sorry. I think I just hijacked this thread. :unsure:

Back to the original question - does anyone know of any forsythia in the boutique? Or did Zaz's monkeys eat it?

That is the cutest story, Cynthia! I totally get how you thought that your parents planted them for you. I love forsythia but don't have any or I'd take a picture for you!

I definitely think you should scrap this story!

It's wonderful to read of your stories and fond memories of this bright blossom that marks the beginning of Spring for many of us! It makes up for not finding it (yet) in the Boutique. I'll be cutting a few branches with buds to bring them indoors to force bloom. They are so easy to grow in our Pac NW region. After pruning, I take a few of the branches and just stick them cut side down into dirt. They root quickly and take hold for next year, although the shoots are never quite as spectacular as the parent plant. Our biggest bush is on the shady side so does not get very full with flowers.

Cynthia, I have photos from last year...I'll pmail you and get your email address to send them to you! They are closeup-ish rather than of the entire shrub...just lots of branches. We have them at home, but the photos I took were actually at DS' preschool. Love your story!

Btw, I think Brandy Hackman needs to make a forsythia branch for us all!:) Pretty please?!

I haven't found that flower specifically, but here are a few ideas of for making a flower inspired LO that could work nicely to showcase a lovely photo of your plant.

Here are a few collections that you could mix and match.

Country Garden Collection Biggie

Old Friends Embellishment Biggie

Greenhouse Collection

A gardener's Diary Collection

Blossoms & Blooms - Spring Embellishment Biggie

Reawakening Embellishment Biggie

Here are some brushes and ScrapSimple Templates that you can mix and match to make a lovely garden LO.

ScrapSimple Layer Your Own Brushes: New Foliage

Brush Set: Sketchbook flowers Biggie

Brush Set: Oodles of Doodles: flowers

Brush Set: Oodles of Doodles: flowers 2

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Bejeweled

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Living

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Blossoms and Blooms Twigs

These are just a few things that you may be able to mix and match for a great LO!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Great minds think alike: I was thinking the same thing. My given name being Cynthia, I have found recent interest in these as well. Love forsythia's for that reason, being so close to my name & a strong plant besides: suits me perfectly!!

:)

Archived