Experienced Graphic Designer Is Intimidated

starskimac

ask as many questions as you like, take some classes ( they are great), or go to a chat/challenge.... the challenges give you an idea to focus on to get started...i think you will have a real advantage, being a graphic artist and knowing about art, color, design....just take it slow...as they say "rome wasnt built in a day" this is all a process and its a great journey ..enjoy it.

look forward to seeing you around here

Hi "Star" and :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! I think you will fit right in, as this seems to be the place that those of us who want to create, seem to meet. Ro has started a great place here and even though you are experienced in graphic arts, you will find all the help you need to get started and since you are experienced, I really can't wait to see what you create. Welcome!

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

Let me say, as a graphic designer of many years, from paper to digital along the way, I was astonished

at the "look" a scrap page could be digitally! I perused the site for months before I joined the board and

another few months before I created my first Scrap Girls page! Then I got involved in the board.

Baby Steps! You CAN do this! A little here, a little there!

I just want to add my welcome to the group. I know how you feel. I was overwhelmed and intimidated when I first joined SG. Everyone here seemed to know everyone else, and here I was a newbie in the true sense of the word: new to SG and new to digi scrapping. I had only just started paper scrapping in 2006 when a friend of mine gave me a scrapbook kit. My little kitty, Cissy, had just passed away in December 2006 and she thought that I might like to scrap some memories of her. Don't even remember how I cam upon this wonderful purple place, but I am so glad that I did. I looked it over, hung out in the boutique, the gallery and then finally jumped in and joined. Took me quite awhile to do a layout, as I felt I couldn't possibly do anything as good as the ladies here. Took me even longer to upload a layout to the gallery.

I started out using Scrapbook Max! and then went to Creating Keepsakes Design Software and another software program that I forget its name. Then I found PSE5 and now I'm using PSE6 and about ready to jump to PSE7. Whew!

Again, :welcome2: and I look forward to seeing you around the board and seeing some of your, what I know will be wonderful, layouts in the gallery.

When I first started out I found that Scrap Girls was the one site that actually answered my questions. I learned more here than anywhere else so this is where I stayed. I do know what you mean though, I tend to spend too much time on the message boards and not enough time actually scrapping. (Either that or spending more time shopping in the boutique than scrapping. LOL!) I hope you find that you enjoy it here too. There really isn't a better site out there! I promise! :D

I look forward to getting to know you!

:welcome2:

Hey there-welcome!! Just think-you've got 20 more years experience a this than most of us when we started! Make sure to check out the Challenges on the messageboard-it's a good way to get the inspiration to get started. I'll be looking for you in the gallery!

Hi and :welcome2:

I know what you mean about the whole digi-scrapping thing being overwhelming - I didn't know where to start either! Ro's Secrets videos were a fantastic help though, even though I wasn't a PSE novice. They really explained the different products and techniques geared to scrapping rather than photo manipulation, which is what I was used to doing.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing your LOs :D

Archived