Printing Your Own Rub Ons

So I read a small tutorial in the scrapgirls university about creating your own rubons. I'm making a hybrid layered LOVE album with Brandy Murry's templates of my sister's wedding photos. I wanted to do a rub on of their names and wedding dates. I also read a recent article on it in the digital scrapbook magazine. I tried to find the printable rub on stuff from the craft stores (Michaels and Joanns) and they didn't have them. The SG tutorial says to use a printable ink jet transparency or an 8.5 x 11 page protector. Has anyone tried this? What did you use, where did you get the supplies, and how did it work out? I'd love to see a pic. Thanks.

I've done it with a transparency. It wasn't ink-jet - I was told that the ink jet transparencies are designed to absorb the ink more quickly (makes sense) and the regular would hold the ink on top and it would stay wet longer. I printed it in reverse and transferred it onto my project.

It came out ok, it's not very forgiving, was kind of smeared. But it looked pretty good on the project since i didn't need a "perfect" look.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived