Heart Of America

SandiC.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try to attach the hotel link here, but I'm not sure I remember how to do this right, be patient with me, I'll get it eventually.

Hampton Inn, Blue Springs, MO

The guest service manager is Carolyn Byrd. She said if you call her she may be able to give you a better rate on the rooms. Her number is 816 220-3844 and her email is carolynbyrd@hilton.com

I've arranged for coffee, tea and water (and cookies) for our meeting room on Saturday. I invite you to bring any other snacks you want to share (Pat's bringing chocolate), I'm sure we'll have lots of goodies. Everyone on your own for breakfast. How about we have sandwiches for lunch? Jimmy John's is just around the corner and there's always Goodcents or Subway close by too. Kansas City is famous for barbeque and there are a couple of good places close by. Zarda's is just a couple of blocks away and Smokehouse is about 4-5 miles away. I thought we could gather at one or the other Friday night. Sounds like most of you will be heading out Saturday night, so I thought for those of us left we could just run to some of the local (and close) places. There's Rancho Grande, Mexican, casual, inexpensive, and really pretty good; Bua Thai very close and very good; Texas Road House for steaks; Panera; Sonic;Taco Bell; McD's; Applebee's; Panda Express; and others. Of course, about 20 miles to the Country Club Plaza are the really good 4 and 5 star restaurants.

The room will be set up with the tables in a big square. there are electrical outlets all around the room. We'll need to provide our own power strips. I'll have duct tape to hold down the cords so nobody trips and falls. There will be a side table and I'll bring my printer over in case you want to print anything. Bring your own paper or use mine. There's an Office Depot and Hobby Lobby really close too in case we need anything.

the room was not expensive but if you want to throw a few $$ into a kitty to help cover, I'd appreciate it. no obligation at all.

Let's meet in the chat room to make some plans. I have the weekend off and I'll be in and out so we can try to meet up, this evening sometime would be great as I don't see anything on the calendar. There will be some chats and games and activities from SG that day, mostly in the afternoon. It will be fun for us to be together and with everyone else too.

Jimmy John's delivers!! (in case you don't want to leave your scrapping) :-)

It sounds like a great weekend. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll able to make it..... Schedule-wise, I can't take off work on Friday, so I won't be able to leave St. Louis until 4:00pm. Transportation-wise, I don't drive so I'd be flying in to Kansas City International airport Friday night (or Saturday morning), and then have to find a way to get to Blue Springs (and back to the airport afterwards). *sigh* Anybody going through Kansas City who I could bum a ride with to/from the airport to Blue Springs?? :unsure:

If things work out so I get to meet up with you all in May, great! If not, hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will meet some of you at convention in October!

Well, I can't go. My pay got cut at work and I go my first paycheck and it's about $450 less every two weeks, plus my ARM mortgage went up by $150 a month this month. Ouch. Guess no more fun for awhile. Well, maybe I can participate via chat. Have fun ladies. Maybe next time! At least I have my job and my home.

Theresa, I just am hoping and praying you will make it. I want to meet you so badly. Before the convention that is. Have you checked the amtrack schedule. I have a friend who used to commute by train. there are stations, both in Lee's Summit and Independence, not to mention KC. any would be easy to pick you up from. Any chance on getting Friday off? A sick day? Anything? I just want you to come so badly.

So are plans finalized for Saturday? My daughter and I are driving up on Friday nite but probably won't get in till around nine unlees we can both play hookie and with her client list I don't know if that is possible. Are we just to show up at the Hampton Inn because we will probably be staying down the road at the Days Inn. Let me know. I didn't get in on the chat last weekend.

yes, we have the meeting room at the hampton inn, ready at 7:30. the meeting room is through the lobby and first hallway to the left and I believe the first door on the left. Just come on in and grab a cup of coffee and make yourself at home. I'll be there, ready to say "Hey" so find a spot at the table, and an electrical outlet and get yourself set up. I'm so glad you and your DD are coming. We have Wifi so we can chat while there too, or shop in the boutique for just the right thing to make our LOs perfect. I'm not sure yet what the SG fun for the day is, but in between we can do a couple of challenges. I'm making little slips with different challenges on them to put into a hat. We'll bring the hat and pass it around, you pull out a challenge. You're allowed one trade with someone else. If you finish that challenge, you can pull out another. Or just work on whatever you want to work on. Whatever, you want to do.

Hopefully, we can chat before we meet, but I'm on evening call for the next week, so I'll be in and out. Don't forget to bring a powerstrip. And dress comfortably.

I'm getting very excited. One of my coworkers wanted to switch weekends off, but I said, "sorry, I've got important out of town friends coming in and can't possibly switch" LOL. Felt good to say that. I'm usually pretty accommodating if someone wants to switch, they all know I have no life, but not this time.

Well I thought DH was going to be gone the FOLLOWING weekend, but it is "our" weekend. He and his friend seem to think the concert (Flight of the Conchords up in MN) they bought tickets to months ago is more important than this scrapping weekend, harrumph;) I tried to make a case to myself and/or Mom about us bringing all 3 boys, but just can't justify all the extra driving Mom would have to do in addition to the 3.5+ hours each way I'd have to endure (did I just use that word) with the kids in the van.

I hope you all have a fabulous time and I'll look forward to the next time (hope there will be another Mid West get-together!)

I got excited when I heard the word Mother's Day. I might have been able to pull that one off! But the 1st weekend won't work because we have to stay in FL until the 6th at the earliest. :( Maybe next time. Sandi, you are so great for putting this together. And pulling a challenge out of the hat sounds like fun!

OMG, hubby is letting me cash in the change pot to go to this, but I need roomies. Anyone interested in splitting the room with me? Also, anyone comming from St Louis area wanna carpool?

Okay, Okay....I'll be there!! I'm booking my flights today. It looks like I can arrive at KCI Airport on Friday night at 5:25pm or 8:45pm. Either works for me. If anyone is willing to get me from the airport, that would be wonderful.....which time would work better for you????

Also, does anybody have a room they would like to share with me? Otherwise I'll give the hotel a call today too.

Archived