Um... Dude!

ritzbits

Just for kicks, I checked out who the top 20 posters were for the day so far....

I know BobbiJo's been at the top of the list since the competition started. But Um.... HELLO!!! Audrey has 143 (and counting) posts??? I'm so getting dusted!!!

I guess I'll just join the cheering section now. lol :disappearing-smilie:

Don't give up! It is still the beginning of March. I'll cheer for you.... GO LORI!! :groupwave2:

LOL!! Seriously!! Lori, I have high hopes -- always -- to compete in these monthly competitions, BUT I'm always a few days behind when it gets started (WHY are the months that have posting contests always so busy? Argggggh.) I'm still not out of the running (yeah... me with like 5 posts this month already. LOL.)

:)

I forgot about the posting challenge. No wonder all the games have popped back up on the boards.

I actually 'joined' the message boards during a posting challenge. I was amazed. "All they do here is play games!" LOL! By the end of the posting challenge, it seemed like a ghost town to me for awhile... you could hear the wind blow and see the tumble weed toppling across my screen.

I know!! I joined at an obscure time, but I didn't get involved until Mischief Week last year... And it was the same way - when it was done everything was soooo quiet around here. lol Guess everyone has to rest their poor fingers.

There will be days when I'm on the boards a lot and have a lot to say and then there are days when I just don't feel so chatty or that I'm busy. I try to get on for short mental health breaks while I'm at work, but some days can't even manage that. Then I'll get a couple of days off and I'm on all day long. We'll see what it comes out to at the end of the month.

I forgot about the posting challenge. No wonder all the games have popped back up on the boards.

I actually 'joined' the message boards during a posting challenge. I was amazed. "All they do here is play games!" LOL! By the end of the posting challenge, it seemed like a ghost town to me for awhile... you could hear the wind blow and see the tumble weed toppling across my screen.

LOL I can just imagine tumbling tumbleweeds blowing across your desktop. Sounds like a layout to me. http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/7/e/X/2/tumbleweeds01.jpg Just in case some of you have never seen a tumbleweed, here is a link to a picture of one. /a/2/tumbleweeds02.jpg and here http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/7/Y/a/2/tumbleweeds07.jpg

I figured it was posting challenge again when all of a sudden the games started to pop up all over the board. I'm usually in the cheering section, :having-a-party: as I just can't post that much or that often. I have carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis in my right hand and after awhile my hand goes wonky on me. :wacko: I tried to join in once, and was left in the dust. These gals mean business, so watch out.

Good luck to everyone in the challenge.

You so can catch up Lori! Slow and steady wins the race :) (not to mention lots of games playing!) When the games are really hopping, jump in and post, post post! You would be surprised how quickly you get to 100+

Wow! I'm not competing in this...but I saw your post and went to look at today's top posters...Wow! Wow! Wow! I've only posted 15 times (16 including this one.)

I can't even imagine posting 100+ times. lol Bobbi Jo is hot on Audrey's heels. lol

My goal this month is to get to 2000 and become a wise one. (It may be the only way that ever happens in my lifetime, LOL). There is no way I can compete in a posting contest, but I am happy so many people are around to play the games this month--some days I feel like I'm playing against myself! Who could compete with Audrey and Kim? Have you looked at their numbers for today?

I finally hit the 1900 mark and am so excited. It's always cool when a goal is actually in sight!

Debbie- you will hit 2000 in no time! Then we can have a party :) If you keep posting like today, bet you hit 3000 by the end of the month!

Let's get you your own title!!! (at 2500 posts!)

Okay...strange things happening...I wanted to see just how high some of you ladies were getting today.

The top 20 posters list has changed. Is it just me? Earlier it said Audrey had like 140something and Bobbi Jo had 110something. Now it says 89 and 27 for them.

Huh?

The top posters list is for the previous 24 hours. And it doesn't show all your gallery posts, so it can be a bit deceiving. In my posting contest days, I got in over 300 in a day. Funny since I have a little note with my post 3's at different dates, and in March of 2007, 5 months on the boards, I didn't even have 100 posts! :D

I see you girls have been talking about me! I have so much fun when somebody else is on the games- like earlier, Sara and I were going back and forth for about 30 minutes...time went by so fast, and those posts just keep going up and up. And, I think we had a pretty fun conversation! Today was a slow morning, but you never know what tomorrow will bring...I may not have time to sit and play.

Looking foward to seeing you all in the game threads....join in and lets just be goofy! Good Luck Girls! :)

WOW! Just checked the top 20 posters today. Guess what? I was #4 with 71 posts. Whoa, never thought I'd get up in the top 100, let alone the top 20.

Had a lot of trouble with the board before. Couldn't get on and when I was on, couldn't get into any of the posts. Glad that it is working now.

My feet are dancing.

:dancing_penguin:

• 2 weeks later...
Just for kicks, I checked out who the top 20 posters were for the day so far....

I know BobbiJo's been at the top of the list since the competition started. But Um.... HELLO!!! Audrey has 143 (and counting) posts??? I'm so getting dusted!!!

I guess I'll just join the cheering section now. lol :disappearing-smilie:

Where did you go to find the top posters? I didn't know we had an option to see that but gotta know now....I am sure that Bobbi Jo and Audrey will be at the top too - fast fingers they have - by the time I think and then type it slows me down, but I am going to start trying now - it is only mid-March, isn't it?

I see you girls have been talking about me! I have so much fun when somebody else is on the games- like earlier, Sara and I were going back and forth for about 30 minutes...time went by so fast, and those posts just keep going up and up. And, I think we had a pretty fun conversation! Today was a slow morning, but you never know what tomorrow will bring...I may not have time to sit and play.

Looking foward to seeing you all in the game threads....join in and lets just be goofy! Good Luck Girls! :)

I know, Audrey - we were flying and suddenly, you are right - half an hour was just gone and we were still posting. We are definitely goofy and having fun, but where do you check the top posters? I didn't know we could do that. I'm ready to go today, Audrey - have two appts that will get in the way, but am limbering up my fingers now!

Hugs

Isn't that wild? The craziest posting contest was one when Vaughnde really went to town. She posted just some astronomical number of times that month. I want to say something like 8000 posts in one month LOL. She completely and TOTALLY smoked all her competitors :) It was an amazing feat of finger dexterity, for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I completely enjoyed every single minute of this month's posting contest - my first - and I tried not to count for fear it would jinx me somehow, but think I might have done ok - guess we won't know til the results come out. Sue and I were the last two playing at the end for two days and the boards were slowing down but we did manage to spend two full days and partial nights posting as fast as we could. And we sure did miss everyone else who had been on there in the beginning - much faster when you have lots of people playing. I had an awesome time - and make my first post this am in the Share the Love Contest! Finally figured it out!

So, when is the next posting contest? My brain is fried and my fingers are calloused, but I think I will try it again whenever!

Tons of fun.

Archived