Could Use Some Helpful Hints - Are There Better Ways?

kenzirhea

Hello all - I have been using pspx2 for quite some time - I'm curious if there are any shortcuts out there that you would be willing to share?

Sorry if I"m duplicating a thread - I didn't do a lot of searching before posting as I really intended on asking one specific question. I was wondering if there was a different method for copying/pasting embellishments/papers/etc to the scrapbook page I'm working on other than the cntrl-c method? It just seems to take more time that most other processes to follow through so was curious if there is something else I'm needing to do with this??? If there is anything to clear after being copied, I don't know what that is so please share any helpful hints you may have! Thanks so much!!!

I've been thinking of adding photoshop elements to my scrapping (in addition to, not to replace psp) as I really loved the fact that you could just drag and drop instead of copy/paste - but not sure I'm ready to start learning all over again! haha Anyone know if you can work on PSP for part of a page then use PSE for other applications? I didn't know if you could interchange them this way and still keep layers - or if it is an 'all or nothing' type software. I don't know, as I've always used PSP. Anyway I'll quit rambling and thanks for the help in advance!

Teresa

oh i do remember when i had x2, that i added a button to the menu bars (customize menu) .... gotta think what the command was... i think its edit> empty something... but what it did was free up memory from all the copying i was doing. I got in the habit of clicking on that alot. :) lol.

I havnt re-loaded psp yet on this machine, so i cant give you word for word.. sorry... but give the psp-ers a chance to wake up and they'll tell you exactly what im talking about!

As for psp and pse. if you save a pse file in the pse format which is .PSD... PSP x2 will open. HoWEVER... any styles you did, any text you did will not come through as a changeable layer. Meaning that text layer will become simplified. Also settings like shadows etc does not come up in psp. I do know you can save as .PSD with psp x2, but ive never seen what happens to the file in pse. PSE does not save in paintshop pro format at all.

Does that help?

Angela

Hi Teresa! You have some great questions.

Yes you can use both PSE and PSP on the same page. You will need to save as a .psd file so PSE can open it. The one thing that is NOT compatible between them is Vectors, they need to be rasterised first. PSP will do this automatically for you when you open it. For example any TEXT you have in PSP will not be editable in PSE.

I use the Photo Tray to add anything I think I want on my layout while I work on it. You can drag and drop from the Photo tray. When you do use CTRL+C you will want to clear your clip board each time. To do this go to Edit>Empty clip board. I created a custom tool bar and placed this and my other frequently used tools on it.

You CAN drag an item from one doc to another if you have two open, to do this drag from the LAYER palette.

Thanks for the info - this is very helpful! Glad to know that I could add PSE and interchange - I usually do my text last anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem - as far as shadowing etc. . .the reasoning I was considering PSE was b/c they have so many more tools available for changing photos, etc that PSP doesn't have - hmm. . .I just wish more was offered from the boutique b/c PSE seems to have tons of stuff.

Anyway, I'm so excited I can drag/drop from the layers I didn't know that! Haha Sometimes it's the simple things that save keystrokes that are pretty exciting! ha :)

Archived