How To Use Scallop Brushes?

jessicamae1982

I downloaded some scallop brushes from scrapgirls website. I'm trying to create a birth announcement. I want the scallop to be a different paper than the background paper. Any idea how I can do this?

I tried to attach the announcement I'm trying to create. Please let me know if you can help me!

Thanks!

I downloaded some scallop brushes from scrapgirls website. I'm trying to create a birth announcement. I want the scallop to be a different paper than the background paper. Any idea how I can do this?

I tried to attach the announcement I'm trying to create. Please let me know if you can help me!

Thanks!

I'm using Photoshop CS3

OK, I'll help the best I can. I haven't used CS3 but I am familiar with the Adobe protocols. First of all, have you installed the brushes into Photoshop according to the instructions included in a separate file with your download order? After you have it installed, you create a new, blank layer above the layer where you want the scallop to show. Choose your foreground color chip. Choose your brush tool. You may have to play with the size and spacing a bit to fit what you are putting the edging on. You can draw a straight line my holding down the shift key as you drag your mouse.

If anybody else has more experience with CS3 and can add to what I've said, I hope you will. :)

OK, I'll help the best I can. I haven't used CS3 but I am familiar with the Adobe protocols. First of all, have you installed the brushes into Photoshop according to the instructions included in a separate file with your download order? After you have it installed, you create a new, blank layer above the layer where you want the scallop to show. Choose your foreground color chip. Choose your brush tool. You may have to play with the size and spacing a bit to fit what you are putting the edging on. You can draw a straight line my holding down the shift key as you drag your mouse.

If anybody else has more experience with CS3 and can add to what I've said, I hope you will. :)

That worked thank you SO MUCH! I have one other question. Is there a way to switch the position of the brush. I'm making a horizontal card and the brush only is a vertical scallop. Anyway to change that too?

Those are so cute! I have never noticed them before! You can rotate your brush, I have PSE5 so I will give you those instructions for now. I'm sure they are pretty similar though.

With your brush tool selected, across the top where you choose which brush you want to use, you will see a "more options" on the far right. Click that and you will see the angle at the bottom. You can type the value or use the arrows to change your brushes.

Archived