Photo Art Class Questions

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, floss and Bobbie are in. this is old home week. I did a challenge for the word art challenge and chat tonight and tried out some of the techniques in the first pdf, Here Now I want to try more. Can't wait until our MB and gallery are up.

LOL Floss. Maybe we just need to put you in some kind of automatic opt-in whenever a new class is put into the boutique. LOL

The record for selling out a class? Hmm...it was one of Anna's first classes...maybe the Layer Masks for PSE, and it sold out within a day and a half, I think. This one took a little longer, but not much. ;)

been busy all day and then went to nyc to see dgs and go to dinner with dd #2 ...now back in apt..... and checking the new posts and saw this 3 page mb..... yes sandi i agree i am definatley in the debbie fan club...and thank you so much to floss you alerted me to this class which i thought i couldnt take cause i have cs4 and have never used pse.... but floss said its fine and i saw the lovely lo that sandi made and thank goodness i signed up...cause i see the class is all filled already.... and i have so many friends here to taking the class together again..yahoo...i printed out the pdf before coming into nyc and will try to read it tonight or tomorrow...i dont have my ehd with me so i dont have any photos or collections to try a lo with but maybe i will be home later in week to give it a try.... so much going on in my life these days with new baby but i couldnt resist another debbie class....looking forward to class, pdf, and class forum

i think i have some of the products already..i will have to check when i am home and maybe have to go shopping... hoping for another sale????

I am so excited about this class!!! I'm so glad you are all joining in the fun, I'm wondering about this photo class you are talking about. I will have to keep my eyes open!

It's a week away!! How am I going to make it that long.... Theresa, you have a week to learn PSE5 ;)

Christina,the photographing peoples class?Jump on it as soon as you see it.Debbies class is fantastic.I can now attempt to understand my camera's manual.Before the class it was a foreign language lol.

Thanks Floss - You are so sweet - and Don't forget Super Dan! He is pretty "swell" too!

Wow! I can' t believe that the class sold out - well! Go peak in the boutique if you still want to learn this technique!

Sandi - Li Li (who oddly is still up) and I just looked at your layout and she loved the Chinese Chop in the frame! Love your layout!

I am so excited, too! I just came home from a friend's wedding and have a lot of pics that need a little art. I don't know my camera very well (yet) and some of the pics are a little "bland".

When will there be another of your photo taking classes??? I am dying to learn how to get nice shots with my camera!!!

And I think I'm going to buy a tablet before the class starts!!!

What's the difference between the bamboo fun and the bamboo??? Is it just the programs??

Nadine! Great - I am so glad that you are going to be joining us :D

I have two of the Bamboo Tablets and I will tell you to get the bigger one if you can - i found the little one just to little and frustrating - but it is great when I travel (which I do a lot).

Nadine, you are so going to enjoy this class. I got the Bamboo medium and am really glad I got the larger one, though a little one for travel would be nice. I got mine online at Costco, it came within a few short days.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the class is now sold out....and it hasn't even been in the newsletter yet! :D

Wow.. thanks goes out to Christina for calling everyone's attention to it early on. Looks like lots of us want to be Photo Artists. What was said that brought the tablet idea up? I didn't see that in the class description. (or did I miss it?)

I have one, its okay. I've had one for a couple of years. I just missed seeing that we might get to use it. I bought the small one and I will for sure get a bigger one some time. I feel limited by the size but at least its easy to store.

I went to my daughter's yesterday and took pictures of my granddaughters specifically for this class. It was so much fun until I got home and uploaded my picture and obviously, I should have been in the Photo class you all are talking about. About 90% of them are so blurry I cannot I use them. I even used a tripod and still got blur. I know it was because of low light, so I switched to using the flash near the end. I'm still learning my new camera.

i have the wacom intuos tablet and love it but i schlep it with me when i travel...( though i didnt bring it here to nyc and am regretting it....i am just so used to using nothing else) so i liked the idea of the bamboo for traveling...is it just about the same, just smaller? and debbie if the smaller one was frustrating but good for travel...do you still recommend that one or should i get the larger one for the traveling one? anyone have thoughts on this...

I can't wait this class is going to be a blast (spoken like a true fan club member :D ).

Bobbie I bet you will have lots of new pics to use! Sandi, that layout is beautiful, I can't wait to try out the new techniques.

Brooke's Birthday was this weekend so we were busy! We had her party Saturday and Sunday we took her to build a bear (3 years old atready, sigh) so, needless to say I forgot about purchasing my supplies for the class while the sale was on. I think I'll wait a bit in hopes of another sale!

Bobbie, I use the small one only since that's all I have. Since I'm not a designer, I probably don't mind it being small as much as someone else might. So far its done everything I want it to do. It is nice and compact and I would say would be perfect for travel. A few times I've gone across it and ran out of room, but for small work it works out good. That's why I haven't bothered getting a bigger one.

Okay, I'm confused. I just signed up for this class this AM and read on here from yesterday that it is sold out. Did a second one get posted? I'm in for April 3/10 at 2:30 PM EST.

I guess I got so exited from reading the posts, I didn't read the one that said it's sold out. I signed up too. same dates. Is it really closed? I paid my money.

Okay, I'm confused. I just signed up for this class this AM and read on here from yesterday that it is sold out. Did a second one get posted? I'm in for April 3/10 at 2:30 PM EST.

I guess I got so exited from reading the posts, I didn't read the one that said it's sold out. I signed up too. same dates. Is it really closed? I paid my money.

No, it's not closed. They added a second class b/c the first one sold out so quickly. The one in April is the second round. Have fun!

I just bought the small tablet. I can return it without any problems within 30 days and exchange it for the bigger one, if I think it's too small. I'm so excited! A new toy!!!

Has anyone tried out the Corel Paint that comes with it???

What is up with this??? I was gone from the message boards for a few days (I was busy! Can't help that!), and the class is posted, AND sells out?!?!?!?!!? Ack! I was so absolutely delighted to see that there's going to be another class offered, which made me SO HAPPY -- although, bummer that I won't be in the chat with the rest of the DFC (Debbie Fan Club), I'll be sure to make myself known in the Friday class. ;) I'm glad that the DFC will have at least one representative in that class -- hooray!!!!

Can't wait! Now I need to go and check out what supplies I need. I signed up for the class without even reading the supply list. LOL.

Archived