Monday March 23 - Challenge

Becca

It's a new week! Are you ready to get scrapping?

:breakdance::dancingelephant::breakdance::dancingelephant::breakdance:

Today's challenge is to scrap a layout using a photo you've taken of yourself! Most digital cameras these days come with a timer that you can set for this purpose, so if you haven't used it yet, now's the time to learn. Or take a photo of you standing in front of a mirror, take a photo of your feet. It doesn't matter, but I want YOU to take a photo of YOU in some way and then scrap about it!

When you're all set, upload your layout to this gallery --> General Message Board Challenges Gallery

And then come back here and share the link to your layout! Happy scrapping!

How timely. I did some self portraits last month during the photography class. The one of me in Saturday's NL was a self portrait and I'll see if I can do some sort of LO.

Wow, Sandi! That was a great shot of you in the NL! I can't wait to take that photo class!

You don't want me to take a picture of my feet... really ... they haven't come out to play yet ... eeeww ... but I'll see what can I do ... I think people think I'm crazy when I use the timer to get a picture of me and my son ... but I will try to ... since I realised how few picture of me I have. Great challenge!

If I can get out of my scrapping rut, I'll do one. I'm still stuck on last weeks challenge. Three LO's started and mental block on all of them.

I totally understand, Julie. I've sketched, I've played, I've started countless LOs in the last month, and not a one has come together for me.

That's one of the things I love about SG Challenges, though. They are posted almost daily, but there's never a time limit on the vast majority of them. You can file away the idea in your "List of LO Ideas for a Rainy Day", and build up a great resource for yourself when your mojo finds its way back. :D

Its a rainy day, but I can't stay home to scrap and play. I haven't done much at all with scrapping this month. I'm in a little bit of a rut, but mostly just too dad gum busy to do a thing. I'll try to get this self portrait thing done though. It takes me way outside my comfort zone. I need to move into these uncharted waters from time to time.

I've been working on it... not good at taking pictures of myself ... I really need to take that photography class... if you gals have any great tips to share to help with the photo taking let me know. I tried the timer ... but I don't have a tripod ... I might have to cheat and have someone else take a picture.

I've been working on it... not good at taking pictures of myself ... I really need to take that photography class... if you gals have any great tips to share to help with the photo taking let me know. I tried the timer ... but I don't have a tripod ... I might have to cheat and have someone else take a picture.

I use the close up or portrait setting and hold the camera an arm's length away. Looking upwards, of course (no double chin action).

You can set the camera on something stable (table), look through it, see where the center would be, then set the timer and put yourself in that center spot.

Taking a pic in the mirror is fun, too!

How timely. I did some self portraits last month during the photography class. The one of me in Saturday's NL was a self portrait and I'll see if I can do some sort of LO.

hey sandi,

i really loved that photo of you in nl..didnt know who took it..i figured maybe it was a pro shot .....!!! and i guess i was right!!!!!

Archived