Scrapbook Max

Guest heartofwisdom

Guest heartofwisdom
I use Photoshop CS2 but I'm looking at Scrapbook Max! for my 10 year old grandaughter. Its only $39.00and is simple to use from the online video. Before I decide any drawbacks or other software suggestions?

I have Creative Keepsakes but it was huge - much bigger than PS.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Guest Jezza
I just purchased this product (Am still waiting on the cd to get here because i'm in Australia) but you get a link in your nominated email to d/l the programme, and then you get another link to d/l some "extras" to tide you over until you get the cd.

I've not used any of the "extras" as yet, because i'm happy to use files i've purchased myself. The best thing I liked about it is the fact that they have drop shadows!

I'm still a newbie, and only a simple scrapbooker (Always was when I tried the paper way too) so it definitely suits my needs :)

• 8 months later...
Wanted to bring this up again. I have PSE3 and PSPX (memory hog). I was wondering if anyone else has tried this one? Looks good to get all my older photos in a book and not taking a lot of time so I can work on my newer ones. I just wanted to know if these pages will look as realistic as the ones created in PSE3 or PSP. Any sugestios/advice would be appreciated. Also, I am assuming you can use your own digi products in this program? TIA

[quote name='crush4dolphins' post='101177' date='Feb 20 2007, 10:58 AM']Wanted to bring this up again. I have PSE3 and PSPX (memory hog). I was wondering if anyone else has tried this one? Looks good to get all my older photos in a book and not taking a lot of time so I can work on my newer ones. I just wanted to know if these pages will look as realistic as the ones created in PSE3 or PSP. Any sugestios/advice would be appreciated. Also, I am assuming you can use your own digi products in this program? TIA[/quote]

I have scrapbook max, and i use it alot!! Quality is great, pages look as great as things i can use with pspx. Sometimes if i want something designed more complicated i use psp and just drag and drop it to scrapbook max and it looks great. The other part that i love about scrapbook max is the screensaver and movie options. Its fun to put some pages i did together and send it to family and friends. Also, you can buy buy buy here, and use everything from scrapgirls in their program. there is no conflict. There are some scrapbook max users that use the program for their children because of the ease... even one lady had her daughter do her whole report with it.

hope that helps

• 1 month later...
i started out w/ scrapbook max. it was really easy to use but somewhat limited in its capabilities - and i wanted to buy software that would grow with me as i learned more about digiscrapping. i liked it but am now using pse 4.0. i think it's a great starting point and suggest it to friends who want to dabble in digiscrapping but not deal with the learning curve of a more powerful program.

Archived