I'm Getting A New Computer Too!

:dancingelephant: DH was using my computer, PSE5 and trying to print the other day and realized how slow everything is. I can click a command, like paper tear and walk away while waiting for it to do it's thing. He got so frustrated! THEN he tried printing. The USB ports on my computer have been wonky for a while. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing works. The disconnect and reconnect all day, I am starting to here the "bing bong" sound it makes in my sleep! The worst part is having it disconnect half way through printing, what a waste of ink!

I don't know the specs, but DH bought me parts to build a faster computer. They are due to arrive April 7 and I should be scrapping at lightning speed by the weekend!

Yay, Cristina - a new computer is always a great thing to get I haven't taken my fingers off the keyboard since I upgraded mine - great your dh can do that for you!

Do you get the privileged of installing these new items or is your DH going to do that for you? (I wouldn't have a clue what to do!!) With what you said with the slowness of things I am so glad he tried it and knows how important it is to have things working properly and up to speed! That must have frustrated you to no end to start printing something just to have it all quit in the middle of it--no kidding a waste of $$ on ink! Here's to you, Christina, getting a new computer!!!

Thanks! I am excited, even more so now! Yesterday I went downstairs and told him every time I was waiting for something to happen LOL! I'm pretty sure he's going to put it together. He likes my case better, ordered the same system board as his computer so we are swapping cases, but I'm getting more RAM. I'll be keeping the harddrive from this computer, but formatting it with a fresh install of Vista. I'm using XP right now, so it will be all new to me :D I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to put it together, but I would rather he do it so I can scrap!

Woo Hoo! That's wonderful! We got a weird error screen this morning... so I am pretty sure a new computer is in the offing here too! Now to just convince DH that it needs to be a laptop! Congrats!

Oh I am getting really excited about this now! I was talking to DH about my old system. It has ONLY 512 MB RAM!!! I am jumping up to 4GB!!!! I will be moving at lightning speed with that difference :D I don't even know what processor it has, I bought it 6 years ago so I guess it's probably pretty slow. Oh I can't wait now......

Thanks! I am excited, even more so now! Yesterday I went downstairs and told him every time I was waiting for something to happen LOL! I'm pretty sure he's going to put it together. He likes my case better, ordered the same system board as his computer so we are swapping cases, but I'm getting more RAM. I'll be keeping the harddrive from this computer, but formatting it with a fresh install of Vista. I'm using XP right now, so it will be all new to me :D I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to put it together, but I would rather he do it so I can scrap!

Right and you can take pictures of him doing the work! hehe

I know the feeling - I am loving my new laptop - haven't touched my G5 in a couple of weeks since I got it! The G5 is fast but the laptop is even faster - it's a Mac......

wahoooo, so happy for you.

I got my new one about a two weeks ago and am loving it in a big way... still getting used to Vista tho'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy and looking forward to seeing what you create on your new baby

Oh I am getting really excited about this now! I was talking to DH about my old system. It has ONLY 512 MB RAM!!! I am jumping up to 4GB!!!! I will be moving at lightning speed with that difference :D I don't even know what processor it has, I bought it 6 years ago so I guess it's probably pretty slow. Oh I can't wait now......

Congrats Christina! You will notice quite a difference with 8x the RAM alone! This week, I helped a co-worker rebuild her work machine to Vista, she's off today but sent me a thank you e-mail telling me how much she loves Vista over XP. I hope you feel the same! I LOVE Vista!

I'm scrapping at top speed now! I have everything installed except my brushes and fonts. Those fonts didn't want to back up :wacko: so now I need to unzip them all again.

We did run into a glitch though. DH wanted my case, so i took his with the new RAM. He put the new motherboard and chip in my box and now he's getting an error on boot:

"warning cpu has been changed. please reenter cpu settings in the cmos setup and remember to save before you quit"

he can't get into the cmos, none of the F keys seem to be working. He's going to call the tech support phone number in a bit. But now he is without a computer, and I feel really bad because I can work so fast now! I have even noticed a difference in scanning, I just want to scrap all day!

Archived