Congratulations Sara (sara Arell)!

CRS

Wow! I just got home and the first thing I found was a message from Carla telling me I was member of the month for April! Now I am weeping happy tears because I just never thought I had ever done anything to deserve such an honor. I am overwhelmed and very, very surprised. I am just me, loving my SG family, having fun and meeting and keeping so many new friends since I joined and al I do is play the games, and of course, I really care about the Prayers and Praises, but I haven't done anything special at all, so I thank you, one and all, whoever is responsible for giving me such an honor. I feel so blessed right now, but I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks - I am sooooooo happy!

Something about me: Well, most of you already know what there is to know, but here goes anyway. I have been a member of SG for about a year and a half, I think, and my favorite things about SG is the friends I have made, love going into the Gallery to leave a little bit of love, playing the games and just enjoying everything SG has to offer - and of course that includes my favorite boutique.

I am married to my dh, Rich, for 43 years - we started very young - and we have four children, one daughter and three sons, and we have 7 grandchildren who are my very heart and soul. By trade, I am a graphic artist, work at home, and love the work I do. My dh is a police officer for the City of Hendersonville and I am very proud of him and so glad that he is in my life - he is the most amazing man I know and I wish all of you could meet him. Before he became a police officer, we were an Air Force family for 26 years and I have to tell you that I am a diehard devoted military wife still and there are two things that will immediately bring me to tears: the presentation of the American Flag and the song, "I'm Proud to be an American" I have actually knelt down and kissed American soil after landing in the USA after being stationed overseas for a long time, and I love my country.

I feel very close to all my SG friends and I love the SG family here in our little fuzzy purple neighborhood that I refer to as my second home. I love each and every one of you and I appreciate the care and love you have shown for me this year.

My favorite layout that I have posted on SG is of my son-in-law....I have not been very good at posting layouts, but I have a few and this one is my fav: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=63721

I hope you enjoy it - he is a joy to me and I just had to scrap my feelings for him.

Thank you again for this honor - I am just so overwhelmed right now and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Hugs and Giggles

Sara

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, Sara! I just got online a few minutes ago so didn't see the announcement until now. What a wonderful choice the purple powers made! I have so enjoyed getting to know you and reading your comments on the mb this past year or so. Enjoy your month; you certainly deserve the title. :having-a-party:

CONGRATULATIONS SARA!!! This is the best news I've heard all day! :having-a-party: Whooo hooo! You deserve the spot light and I am proud that you are not only my friend but a friend to many with gracious prayers and praises and a bit of just having fun! WTG girl! :dancingchicken2::dancingchicken::banana::dancingcow::dancing-smilie::going-crazy: See..you have everyone dancing! :)

Congrats, Sara! You deserve the honor. You are so faithful to leave love in the gallery. And you are a personal encouragement to me as I wait for my surgery date! (Just talked to my anethesiologist aka my son's swim coach and he assured me he'd take VERY good care of me!) Enjoy your month!

Congratulations Sara! It seems your link is broken because I cannot get there :(

Thanks, V - my internet went down at 2 pm today and just came back up seconds ago - I have been a crazy person all pm. I still can't believe this is about me - I feel so honored - I am just me - and this makes me feel so special.

Hugs

Sara

Congratulations Sara! It seems your link is broken because I cannot get there :(

V, I tried the link too and it does appear to be broken, but I only have about 6 layouts in my gallery and it is the one of Eddie, my son-in-law. I will try to get back in and see if I can fix it - not quite sure what to do to fix it though. Any ideas?

Hugs, Sara

Congrats Sara! Just saw you are the new MOM! You truly deserve this honor as you are a truly kind and caring SG, a friend to all, and very supportive when prayers are needed. Congratulations my friend! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Wow! I just got home and the first thing I found was a message from Carla telling me I was member of the month for April! Now I am weeping happy tears because I just never thought I had ever done anything to deserve such an honor. I am overwhelmed and very, very surprised. I am just me, loving my SG family, having fun and meeting and keeping so many new friends since I joined and al I do is play the games, and of course, I really care about the Prayers and Praises, but I haven't done anything special at all, so I thank you, one and all, whoever is responsible for giving me such an honor. I feel so blessed right now, but I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks - I am sooooooo happy!

Something about me: Well, most of you already know what there is to know, but here goes anyway. I have been a member of SG for about a year and a half, I think, and my favorite things about SG is the friends I have made, love going into the Gallery to leave a little bit of love, playing the games and just enjoying everything SG has to offer - and of course that includes my favorite boutique.

I am married to my dh, Rich, for 43 years - we started very young - and we have four children, one daughter and three sons, and we have 7 grandchildren who are my very heart and soul. By trade, I am a graphic artist, work at home, and love the work I do. My dh is a police officer for the City of Hendersonville and I am very proud of him and so glad that he is in my life - he is the most amazing man I know and I wish all of you could meet him. Before he became a police officer, we were an Air Force family for 26 years and I have to tell you that I am a diehard devoted military wife still and there are two things that will immediately bring me to tears: the presentation of the American Flag and the song, "I'm Proud to be an American" I have actually knelt down and kissed American soil after landing in the USA after being stationed overseas for a long time, and I love my country.

I feel very close to all my SG friends and I love the SG family here in our little fuzzy purple neighborhood that I refer to as my second home. I love each and every one of you and I appreciate the care and love you have shown for me this year.

My favorite layout that I have posted on SG is of my son-in-law....I have not been very good at posting layouts, but I have a few and this one is my fav: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=63721

I hope you enjoy it - he is a joy to me and I just had to scrap my feelings for him.

Thank you again for this honor - I am just so overwhelmed right now and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Hugs and Giggles

Sara

PS: I fixed the link - and it works now.

V, I tried the link too and it does appear to be broken, but I only have about 6 layouts in my gallery and it is the one of Eddie, my son-in-law. I will try to get back in and see if I can fix it - not quite sure what to do to fix it though. Any ideas?

Hugs, Sara

LINK NOW FIXED, V - I JUST DID IT WRONG - MY DITZY SELF SHOWING IT'S FACE AGAIN. LOL LOL

I was trying to decide who would be the Member of the Month this month the other day, and Sara was the first person that came to mind! Do I get an award for being right? LOL! Congratulations, Sara!! You truly are an amazing person, and such a wonderful asset to this place! Enjoy your auspicious month! (Of course, I'd be wary... it IS April Fools day.... what if the Powers who Be come out and say, APRIL FOOLS! We were just kidding! The member of the month is REALLY JoannB!)

LOL!

:)

Congrats again!

Thanks, JoannB - That would be funny - that would be a definite ROFL thingy, wouldn't it? Don't know if you get an award for being right, but you definitely get an award for being an awesome SG friend and I have so enjoyed sharing the MB with you and chatting and getting to know you along with everyone else. This little fuzzy purple home is something else! I am still floating on that big white cloud and have butterflies in my stomach because I just can't believe it is true. If you knew me well, you would understand why I say that - I have always been JUST ME - and never thought ever for one minute about being given such an honor. I participate and play and post because I truly care, but just thought of myself as one of thousands of members of SG - now I feel very, very special. My tears of happiness just don't stop - I took my laptop to my Dad, who is 93, and has never understood the concept of SG (and I talk about it ALL the time) and showed the posts to him and even he got all choked up, so it is truly a blessing for me. Thank you for being such a good friend. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Thanks, Ang, so much - I have to tell you that you have always inspired me and made me feel very welcome here. Thanks for being such a great friend and supporter - you are one awesome SG!

Thanks, Audrey - you are a sweetie - but you know what? None of us could "shine" on here without our little purple family helping us and prodding us on and giving us encouragement and just being there, could we?

Archived