Psp And Website Design...

PurpleJAF

Hi Everyone:

My first question is: Can PSP be used to design websites? I have not had much, if any, time to really get into learning the program (I have version 9), but I was wondering if it would allow me to design pages for a website that can just be uploaded to the domain host.

Also, for those of you that use both, if I have a few extra dollars, would you recommend upgrading to PSP XII or just going with PSE 5 (I think that's the version I found on purplus relatively cheap). Especially since I haven't been able to learn PSP 9 very well yet and there seems to be so many more tutorials available for PSE. Just curious as to your opinions. Not really sure I can make any additional purchase right now.

Thanks!

Julie I use PSPxi not x2. I'm a die hard PSP Fan! PSE is like going a step down from PSP. I don't know about designs for Websites. I think Angela Nut can answer that question better than I can. IF you want the same good features like you have with PSP, you'd be better off getting PS because they are both on the same equivalency level. Sometimes you can take PSE tutorials and tinker with them to work for PSP. I'll admit I haven't really tried but I do have plans to do a few when time permits me to just simply play. Actually, the Friday Challenge would be a good opportunity for me to do this :)

You can use PSP-9 to create artwork to put on a website. But, if you are creating a website from scratch, you will need a software that creates the html coding for you unless you have memorized html coding. I use Dreamweaver and find it very useable.

If you are loading artwork into a pre-structured website, you don't need an html editor and the artwork you create with PSP will work fine.

Archived