How Do I Delete My Cookies & Temp Files For Firefox

trishy

I am trying to finish my taxes, yes I have waited till the last minutes. Anyway, Turbo Tax is being a pain and erroring out when I try to enter one of the sections. The Help Desk person's advice is to delete the cookies and temp files for Firefox, which I can do, but doesn't that wipe out all of my bookmarks?

Plus I tried entering the same area on Safari and I get the same error, so I find it hard to believe that clearing the cookies and Temp files will help.

Anyone have some advice or input? TIA!!!

Hi Trish,

You could use "select all" and copy your bookmarks. Then paste in a Word file. That way you will have the links in case they are deleted when you delete the cookies and temp files. I don't know anything about the error message you are getting. Wish I could help!

Bookmarks are not in a temp file so they shouldn't get deleted when you clear your cookies and temp files.

Firefox should have an option under bookmarks to export. You can save the file to import later if you are afraid to loose them. I'm at work and don't have firefox here plus I'm on a PC.

Hi- I don't use Turbo Tax but I am almost positive (99.9%+) sure if you delete cookies that will not delete your bookmarks. After deleting cookies then restart Firefox. If that doesn't do it, restart your computer after deleting cookies. Good luck, let us know if that works. It's not 'fun' doing taxes in the first place and then to have this problem, well it's like rubbing salt into a wound. Ugh. Judy

Thank you for the info ladies, I greatly appreciate it. I cleaned out the cookies and temp files and surprise, surprise it didn't do a darn thing, which is what I figured would happen.

The very knowledgeable help desk person at Turbo Tax, I am using knowledgeable very loosely here, then said that if that didn't work, her and the colleagues she had been putting me on hold to discuss with came to the conclusion that it was my computer. I felt bad when I laughed at her, well not really, but said ok and I would try a different computer. Here I am at my folks house using their computer and I am getting the same issue.

This is maddening! I was going to use the local tax lady, but when she reviewed my stuff she said how quick and easy that ours would be. So I decided to save the money and do it myself, bad choice I guess.

Thank you for the advice everyone!

Archived