Organizing Your Wordart

Guest watmuzzer

Guest watmuzzer
I just have to share this with all the other control freaks out in scrapbook land. I need to be orgainzed. I spend 99% of my time organising my embellishments, paper, templates and Wordart. But I just worked out a very simple method to get it all organised and you can try it for free with a 30 day free trial from Microsoft.

I've started copying my wordart, etc. into sections in One Note. It accepts graphics so you can preview the file and write a note for yourself beside it to say who made it and where and when you got it! So you can keep track of everything. It makes a file called "my notebook" in your "my documents" so that you can back it up and keep it with your scrapbooking files.

I love it! I keep instructions like how to use templates and copywrite stuff that I get with my freebies and bought files. You can even use it as a journal. I write my thoughts in it when stuff happens and then I can copy them onto my scrapbook page when I want them.

You could even use the whole thing as a scrapbook itself. Make a section for each member of your family, for each event, etc. then add your pages to the sections. Then you can keep a record of where and when each page was done and where or when it was posted. You can be in control of your stuff!

Sorry for gushing but this is exciting to me and I just had to share it with everyone.

Cyndie

I too am an organizational freak. When I saw your post, I realized i have a FULL version of One Note that I had done nothing with as I wasn't sure what it was for. Now I am going to have to install it and play. thanks for the tip

Guest watmuzzer
Here's the link to get the trial download of OneNote: [url="http://www.microsoft.com/canada/onenote/default.aspx"]http://www.microsoft.com/canada/onenote/default.aspx[/url]

I hope you try it. You can just copy and paste your graphics and notes into it. I absolutely love it.

Cyndie

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Ok-I have this program and LOVE IT love it LOVE IT!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I just got a new computer last month and when I purchased the new MS office it came with it. I started using it when I purchase stuff online or do online transactions. You just "print" it to one note and then you can drag it anywhere in there!! That way, I wasn't printing out so much stuff on paper!!

I had a revelation the other day to put it to use for my scrap booking! When I find a tutorial, or other helpful information, I print it to One Note......how awesome is that?? I have a personal notebook (your filing system) a business notebook and the most important one, a digital scrap booking one. Then you can set up different tabs with in each notebook. It is amazing! And you don't have to save it....it automatically does that. Highly recommended!

omg I have this. I started a Word page for all of the tips & things that I wanted to save from here. This would be so much easier, lol. The only thing I have in there now are recipes. This would be so much easier. Thanks for the great tip :)

Guest cathyok
Thank you for this tip!!! Just watch the demo video on the web site, and I think this will be an awesome tool. I've tried to do the same thing by storing all kinds of documents in my windows folders, and then I have a whole separate system on my Palm. Honestly, it looks to me like I could merge the two into one system on this software.

Think this will be a big help personally and professionally!

Thanks!

Cathy

[quote name='cathyok' post='324414' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:20 AM']Thank you for this tip!!! Just watch the demo video on the web site, and I think this will be an awesome tool. I've tried to do the same thing by storing all kinds of documents in my windows folders, and then I have a whole separate system on my Palm. Honestly, it looks to me like I could merge the two into one system on this software.

Think this will be a big help personally and professionally!

Thanks!

Cathy[/quote]

I googled this program. Also watched the demo and thought it might be a good solution but I'll be darned if I could find anywhere the "cost amount". They want you to download a trial and I get everything set up and it costs more than I can afford to pay, what then? Could someone give me a ball park figure.

elli

I [b]LOVE[/b] OneNote. I use it to keep track of nearly everything because it's just so versatile (and, when you copy and paste stuff from the web or another document, it automatically links to it). I have a notebook for my college notes, real estate stuff (for moving), for various personal projects, and now I have one for scrapping. I use ACDSee to catalog all my actual files, but I use OneNote to keep track of my ideas - page and album themes, quotes, sketches, etc. It's absolutely fantastic.

It's similar to EverNote, but the UI is a bit more organized. OneNote is arranged by "Notebooks". You create a notebook, and then the notebook has sections, and each section has pages. You can also group sections into a "mini-notebook" within the larger notebook. I don't know if it works with mobile phones or accepts handwriting, though.

Here's a screenshot of OneNote for anyone interested in seeing the software in action. If you look on the left, the highlighted section is the notebook. The grouping on the top where the sections are that says "Old Classes" indicates that what you're seeing is a grouping of sections that are part of that notebook. And, over on the right side are the pages. It's pretty unlimited what you can do. When you type, you make text boxes, rather than straight typing like in word. And, the little green bubble things on the main screen are part of a stationary I downloaded. MS has a bunch of templates for pages, notebooks, and background stationary too.

I looked this up and it seems a bit pricey - I think around $80. I don't know if I want to spend that kind of money but I did watch the tutorial and it looks really cool and like something I would want to have. I wish it was less expensive.

• 4 months later...
I use Evernote.

It is [b]free[/b] and you can sort your information in categories and sub-categories.

What I like best about it is I can highlight a web page (text, graphics, and links, etc.) and it will save it all to a "note" that you can then put in a category. I can also add text, or delete whatever I want from the note. Also the links in the notes are viable with a double click.

It also has forms for To-do lists, expenses, phone calls, plus a few others I cannot think of right now.

As I said, it is free. Go to [url="http://www.evernote.com/"]Evernote Website[/url] if you are interested.

Jan

Oddly enough I stumbled across an article today that talks about all the tools available on Google. [url="http://www.collegeathome.com/blog/2008/06/18/57-useful-google-tools-youve-never-heard-of/"]57 Useful Google Tools...[/url]

Sounds like [url="https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=notebook&passive=true&nui=1&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fnotebook&followup=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fnotebook&hl=en"]Google Notebook [/url]might be a similarly helpful program as well! I haven't had a chance to play with it though.

I checked out OneNote several months ago and didn't really want to spend the money for it - I found it for about $100. So, I downloaded Evernote instead. At first I didn't use it much, but now, it's my right hand! I don't know what I did without it.

Of course, I still find I have various index cards on my desk for "notes" to myself. I'm trying to convert them to Evernote as much as possible, and hopefully someday can eliminate the index cards once and for all!

Archived