Any Ohio/pennsylvania/west Virginia Sgs?

With all the talk about others being able to get together, I was wondering if there are any eastern Ohio, southwestern Pennsylvania (think Pittsburgh) and West Virginia ScrapGirls that might want to try to arrange a get together?

Hi Julie. I'm in Central Ohio, just east of Columbus and would be interested in getting together with other SG's in the area.

I'm in SE Michigan. Cleveland is about 4 hours drive away - not much further than Sandusky (Cedar Point, Kalahari). I haven't mapped Columbus, but probably not much further, just a different direction. If you had it in those areas I'd be interested in attending.

OOOOOH!!! I will be in Spencer west virgina from ....May 20 to the 22nd, then in Akron Ohio from the 22nd to the 27th. (there is a wedding on that saturday and family get together that monday)...

Do something around then!! and i will come! If i can.. (i have never been in these areas, so i have NO clue where anything is!)

ANgela

OOOOOH!!! I will be in Spencer west virgina from ....May 20 to the 22nd, then in Akron Ohio from the 22nd to the 27th. (there is a wedding on that saturday and family get together that monday)...

Do something around then!! and i will come! If i can.. (i have never been in these areas, so i have NO clue where anything is!)

ANgela

Akron and Cleveland are quite close to each other.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. im so excited. I fly out to Cleveland in 2 weeks! My girls are just hopping with excitement!!!

I do hope we can all meet up. My mother in law said there is a Really neat place in Canton that has some good resturants for a lunch and some shopping/browsing (as if i want to shop! lol)

What is everyone up for? I dont know where ya'll are coming from...

Angela n.

I'm excited too! I'll be coming up from the Columbus area. I would love to have lunch and then would be up for whatever everyone would like to do (shopping or a digi-crop). I have to coordinate with my DH who will be picking up my girls from the sitter that day and if he isn't able to do it, I have to be back in town about 4pm to get them

I have to be home for the annual band awards banquet by 5:30 If I have my food made ahead (yay crockpot!) I can at least be there for a nice lunch. Canton is actually a little farther for me, making it almost 4 hours, so not the best choice--but I don't know the area at all. I'm going to try really hard to come!

oh thats fine! lol Akron is good.

Does anyone know of a good place? Perferably not an italian place as its harder for me to eat with my gluten allergy.

I'll be coming up from south west corner of ohio.

Angela N.

I really wanted to join you all, but am afraid that I can't because I can't take the time off work right now. :( Especially with just starting back. Sounds like a fun day. I hope you all have a great time!

oh no julie!

you girls can meet with out me.... i hope you try... you dont have to wait for me.

Angela N.

No way! If this one works out, maybe everyone would be up for another one at another time. I'm just sad that I won't be able to be there to meet you, Angela, since you'll be in the area.

I won't give up on a local meet up. I'll meet some Scrap Girls in person, yet. :D

Oh i'll be staying in Apple Creek Ohio. Its at the south west corner of Ohio. I'll be driving up to Akron. (which is so funny, i'll be taking my dh to the airport the night before.. monday)

Anyone familiar with Akron want to pick a place? time?

Angela

Sorry I've been absent for the last couple of days - I've PM'd the SGs who've posted here, so it sounds like we have four who can meet for lunch in the Akron area. Anyone else intersted is most welcome. Since we're talking about lunch, with probably a bit of chat time, here are some ideas of locations:

Chapel Hill/Cuyahoga Falls (off RT 8):

Panara Bread

Bob Evans

Applebees

Long Horn

Outback

Olive Garden

Brown Derby Roadhouse

Fairlawn (US 77):

Olive Garden

Macaroni Grill

Max & Erma's

Red Lobster

Pretty much any type of cusine you desire can be found in either area. Map out the two areas and decide which looks best (easiest?) to get to and we'll go from there. I've stayed in both areas and they're nice areas.

I dont mind either. Just please no place that serves pasta or only sandwiches. It gets very difficult for me to eat because of my gluten alergy. so no olive gardne (i cant believe i said that, used to be my favorite)or panera bread.. I hope that is okay? I guess i could bring a lunch to eat in the car and just enjoy you ladies...

Outback is a VERY nice restaurant for me, they have a great menu for my alergy.

but up to you ladies, i know outback is a tad pricy...

I'm okay with Outback as well. I hope I am still able to join you ladies, I might have a work event that will require me to be onsite on the 26th, so I wouldn't be able to take it off as a vacation day to join you. I will know for sure by mid-week and post here once I do. Fingers crossed the training event falls on a different day.

My DD is gluten intolerant so I can totally relate to Angela's concerns. Let's pick someplace where you can get a meal that doesn't rely heavily on pasta or bread. Also, foods that are 'fresher' or 'whole' and not processed, because processors hide gluten in MANY forms in these foods! I've become a label-reader and so has the 10 yo DD!

We've had to stop going to Fazoli's and also out for pizza, although DD is happy with a decent chef salad or trips to the salad bar.

Archived