So, The weather is getting better and snow is no longer an issue. Why don't we try to get together. I have been looking into hotels in the PA area, who have a conference room that could be used, for a minimal amount of money. I was thinking that we could get together for a day visit, and then if some drive a bit further the option to stay overnight is available.

I'm doing all this online, so if anyone who lives in PA, more towards the Jersey border can help get some names of places, I would appreciate it. Also, all that might be interested in meeting, can you post free month and weekend.

This would be such fun to hang, chat and scrap in person.

How about it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in if the date works! I have family all down the eastern seaboard to stay with. I would suggest LBI but the summer traffic is too crazy!

I live near Harrisburg and might be in if the dates are right. My schedule is always busy, but I'll subscribe to the thread and see if I can attend when the majority decides!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the venue, and exactly where, but if we pick a day, it will be easier to tell places and get costs.

So I was thinking Labor day weekend. Meeting that Saturday and staying over if you want to till the Sunday morning.

Or Do it the weekend before. August 29th.

How are those dates? Or if all who is interested want to PM good dates, I can see what turns out to be the common date for all.

I'd be coming in from Pittsburgh. So, I'm just going to follow the thread and see what you all decide. I'd probably be interested in staying over if you can do a Saturday get together. If it works for me, I'll be there.

Jennifer: Maybe we could meet up around your area as I come through and drive the rest of the way together. What do you think?

I'm skeptical about Labor Day weekend - I'd hate to miss out on anything family wants to do. That last week of August might work for me. And I'd go to Harrisburg in a minute! But if Reading works as far as locale, I can try to plan something here. Can't give it too much thought just yet though. A lot going on. I can dive in in a couple of weeks from now.

Hmmm...Labor Day weekend won't work so well for me. I probably would be more likely to come for the day and not stay overnight. The last weekend of August should be OK -- 28th or 29th. Harrisburg (obviously!), Philly and Reading are all do-able drives for me.

Would you like me to look into venues? (Since I am here, it's fairly easy!) If so, what requirements do we have?

I doubt I could convince DH that I needed to stay overnight. I'd probably go just for the day. So no overnight accommodations needed for me. As for meeting, wouldn't we just need space where we wouldn't disturb others too much, tables, chairs and electrical outlets?

I mentioned this to DH this morning and when I said it was only 3 1/2 hours away and I would just drive out for the day, he said "Nah, that's too long of a day. I think you should stay." So budget depending, I'll probably stay the night. So if anyone wants to share a room, let me know.

Way cool Ladies. Jennifer I sent you a PM. Thank you for your offer.

And Julie, roomie need to, so how about. Julie and Julie LOL

Elisha, a day of scrapping is awesome.

I'm going to pm the other ladies that had responded earlier to the thread and see if the 29th of August is good. Also, sending out PM's to others that I know are not that active on the boards anymore, but still a part of SG.

I've been following this thread, hoping that you wouldn't mind a Virginia participant! Just hoping things would start popping a little closer to home. Reading, Harrisburg, Philadelphia are all very doable for me. And I would certainly want to stay the night. I'll have my own roomie with me (DH) but in any of those places, I'm sure he'll find something to occupy his time. His parents live in Reading, so he could always visit with family!

The August weekend would be good for me, at least as far as I know now.

It would be great to have you, Sarah! I'm in Reading myself.

And any other Virginia people, and Maryland for that matter, pop in this thread and get involved!

CT, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, PA, NJ are all close here!

I would love to come and meet all of you gals. However, I would need to know how to get there by either bus or train. I don't have a car and usually use my sister's during the week. But on weekends, she needs the car. I could rent a car, but I'm not good with driving someplace I've never been. My sense of direction is not good and I know that I would get lost.

Is anyone coming from the New York area? I live in The Bronx, which is about 30 minutes north of Manhattan. I'm close to Yonkers and White Plains.

Archived