Acdsee Multiple Copies

candyK

I somehow have created multiple copies of everything!! So I have say 3 of each paper, 4 of all my photos ,etc and need to clean this out. Trying to conserve space. I tried cntrl>click>delete on a bunch and the computer just freezes. I am down to deleting manually 2 at a time-- which is time I don't have. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CandyK

ACDSee has a feature that helps find and remove duplicate copies of files. I have ACDSee, but since I discovered the great tagging and search features in Vista (it's one redeeming feature! :)) I uninstalled ACDSee. It drove me insane with it's slow performance and constant crashing. Anyway, I remember my edition having a feature to remove duplicates, but I don't remember where it is located. Try to search the help menu and I think you will find it quickly.

HTH!

Guest faerywings

Also if you are using the duplicate finder- go in small batches.

Duplicate finder seems to work better on subsets. When you throw a large amount of files at it, its difficult to use.

• 3 years later...

i'm facing the same dilemma regarding duplicates and had enough. i'd like to suggest the tool that works for me, its called "Duplicate Files Deleter" and uses md5 seaching which is effective.. i've been using it for awhile to hunt down and delete those duplicates, hope it helps...

Archived