I Did It! Finally Ordered A Laptop!

naninca

After much agonizing and research, I took the plunge and ordered a laptop! :dancingelephant:

I decided that the Mac was just too much money to spend (and that this isn't a lifelong decision!). So I got:

HP DV6t

16" screen

4GB memory

320 GB HD

Vista 64 bit

I got it from Costco.com, so I have to wait for it to ship. But they offer such great customer service (2 years of phone support!) that I figured I could be a big girl and wait. We'll be in the car for 12 hours this weekend, so it would have been nice to have it. Oh yeah, big girl.

Thanks for all your input and for posting about your computers! I must have read each thread a dozen times as I was noodling all this!!

Nancy

Its always a little scary making a big purchase like this, but I bet you'll be thrilled once you start working on it. I've gotten two laptops from Costco and am delighted with both (one is for my cousin). Hope you like it and you can be a big girl in this instant gratification world. LOL. just is hard to wait. But then that day it arrives and you open the box, then you'll be soooooooo happy and the wait worth it. Let us know how you love it.

Thanks for the cheering section!

Supercharged - I couldn't tell you. But my desktop is from 2005, and I've been tearing my hair out with how slow it runs. That and a shortage of memory....

And, since I signed up to go to convention, I needed one sooner or later. My most darling hubby provided the final push to go for it.

I just can't WAIT to put a page together on a speedy puter!!!!

Nancy

I bought a very similar HP laptop from Costco last year. It was a great investment! And Costco has a service that you can call with questions--they even got me hooked up with HP to get me an answer once.

Congratulations!!!!!

Oh, I found a very nice rolling bag at Walmart for a reasonable price by Targus--it got the laptop to the SG conference in good shape! It was actually for a 15" laptop, but mine could be squeezed into it.

• 2 weeks later...

:dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

Yippee! It arrived today!

Very shiny and new and spiffy and I don't need glasses to see the screen!

I installed PSE6 and loaded some photos, and made a quick page. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It saved in seconds! On my desktop, it takes about 4 minutes.

Whoo boy, amd I going to have fun!

Does anyone know how to move all my photos, digital kits and ACDSee to my new toy?

My only worry is keeping my 12 year old away from it!

Nancy

PS - anyone know how to enable the "page down" button?

Congratulations on your new computer. I can imagine how rejuvenating it must be to have a faster computer!

There's backup/transfer software out there, but I've always just done a drag-and-drop from one computer to another by using a thumb drive or a small ehd.

Now I just keep all my files and pictures on an EHD to begin with, and move the EHD around from computer to computer rather then the files. Simpler plus it keeps my hard drive clean and clear AND I don't have to worry about a certain picture residing on the OTHER computer when I need it!

Oh what fun you're going to have this weekend! Enjoy!

Archived