Ideas For A Star Wars Birthday Party?

I made this invitation for my boys' Star Wars-themed birthday party last year. It uses the scroll embellishment from Brandy Murry's "Kingdom" Collection Biggie. The blue paper is from Mandy Steward's "Faithful" Collection Biggie:

If you like it, send me a PM and I'll send you the text so you can copy and paste. :) I got it from somewhere on the web and then modified it a bit. It was really cute!

Our party was a Jedi training camp and so for the party itself, I made certificates for the graduates using Valerie Randall's Assemble Your Own: Awards and Certificates:

Those turned out WAY better than I ever expected. That's when I discovered that my printer actually prints all the way to the edge. They looked professional in every way! :)

I also made t-shirts that were decorated with a lightsaber and the words "Future Jedi" on it:

I just used the t-shirt transfer paper that you can buy and ironed them on the shirts. I got them for less than $2 each so it wasn't any more expensive than goodie bags and it was something the kids could actually use and enjoy for a while. My boys still wear theirs.

I think Michelle had a Star Wars party for one of her kids recently and she did something fun--tattoos, maybe? I can't remember exactly but I remember thinking it was a super cute idea!

Good luck! :)

Mel

REALLY cute ideas already! Love your invitations and certificates, Mel!! SO CUTE!!!!

((Like I would expect anything less from you. :))

I was just going to say you HAVE to have a lightsaber battle of some kind. :)

How fun! A Star Wars birthday party! You are going to have a blast!!

Thanks for the great ideas, Mel! Wow! Love it. I'm going to look it over more closely tomorrow. Where did you get the graphic for the light sabers? I like the idea of t-shirts better than goodie bags, especially at that cost.

What about a t-shirt idea for the girls? What was Princess Leia? Would it be Future Jedi Princess or something like that?

Thanks, again! Love these ideas.

I was just going to say you HAVE to have a lightsaber battle of some kind. :)

How fun! A Star Wars birthday party! You are going to have a blast!!

I read something about using a small flashlight with a different colored paper/plastic cup placed over the top to look like a light saber. Heck dollar store, here I come. :D

For light sabers, I bought pool noodles and cut them in half. Then I put duct tape around the ends to make them sort of look like light sabers. Very inexpensive and not as dangerous as the real plastic ones! We still have ours in the garage and the boys still love to play with them! :) (And they can be used as a flotation device in case of emergencies!) ;) Those were another thing that we allowed the kids to take home with them.

The only thing I did differently for the girls at our party was to give them white training uniforms instead of brown ones. And then they got either pink or purple light sabers on their t-shirts (I made them in pink, purple, green, orange, and yellow). Technically, I think that girls can be Jedis (isn't Osaka Tano a Jedi in training?), although don't hold me to it. Your princess idea sounds cute, too, though. :)

The kids will have a blast! You have to post pics. My husband even got in on the action and dressed up as Obi Wan. Princess Leia was conspicuously absent...

Thanks for the great ideas, Mel! Wow! Love it. I'm going to look it over more closely tomorrow. Where did you get the graphic for the light sabers? I like the idea of t-shirts better than goodie bags, especially at that cost.

What about a t-shirt idea for the girls? What was Princess Leia? Would it be Future Jedi Princess or something like that?

Thanks, again! Love these ideas.

The only bad thing about Jedi princesses is the metal bikini thing. LOL

Otherwise I think your idea is a good one.

some great ideas here!

Julie, I love your new avatar, BTW!

Your's, too, Elisha! Too cute.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the bikinis. I hope it's fun. I'm going to work on making the overhead slides today so I can use the schools projector over the weekend to make posters. I'm looking for a coloring page with one of the characters with a lightsaber to make a poster so that we can "Pin the Lightsaber on...(Anakin, Darth, whomever I find)." I'll make construction paper lightsabers for the kids to pin on.

I only have a two weeks to put this together. We were only going to do a "family" party this year, but decided to do a party. We'll be doing it on Friday night, 5/15. So, say your prayers, cross your fingers that the kids can come. I always worry that no one will show up.

So, should I send out invitations this week or the end of next week? What do you think?

Thanks for all the input and comments, everyone. I'll definitely post pictures.

These days, I think getting invitations out somewhere in the middle of 1 and 2 weeks is good. 2 weeks is too far out and invitations get lost, and people forget. But at least during the week before - so folks can plan the week to come.

Archived