• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KarinaS

KarinaS

Margarita Mama!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • Personal Statement:If a doctor tells you to have a colonoscopy, PLEASE do not put it off - make an appointment TODAY.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

Ok, so I've been using PSE 6.0; bought Ro's videos, the whole nine yards.

My brother gave me his old PS (NOT Elements) 7 - I loaded it and looked at it, but I can already tell I'm gonna need Ro's videos for it. Probably won't get around to messing with it until after June and I finish a project I'm working on. I have a ton of actions and styles - I guess I won't be able to use them with PS 7? Do I even need this program? I can tell it looks a bit more complicated. Again, maybe in a few months I'll revisit it.

Is it okay to have both these programs on my computer at the same time? I have noticed that now all the PSD files have a different icon than they did before - is this okay? I don't want to mess up anything I have already started as I have a TON of LOs done. I did open one LO that I wasn't concerned about with PS 7.0 and I noticed that the text was changed a bit (kind of warped) and it also looks that way if I open it in PSE 6.0; I can see the difference when I compare it to my saved jpeg.

Thanks in advance, ladies!
Posted Image
Siggie by Rosemary-with a tiny touch added by me ;)

I use PSE 6.0 & Vista

Colorectal cancer awareness-please schedule your colonoscopy today
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Please visit my gallery

#2 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

Hi Karina,

I have both PSE6 and 7 on my laptop, which I am using while I am on vacation. At home I have PSE5, 6 & 7 loaded, and still use PSE5 most of the time.

Adobe states that you should only have one program open at a time. It might have something to do with the amount of memory that each uses or that the elements in each might conflict with one another. I don't know, but whatever the reason, only have one open at a time. You don't want any problems arising out of using two PSE's at one time.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for September 2014, 7290 -- 7237 as of 9-28-14

#3 KarinaS

KarinaS

Margarita Mama!

• Members
  • 3,019 posts
  • Personal Statement:If a doctor tells you to have a colonoscopy, PLEASE do not put it off - make an appointment TODAY.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

Ok, but just to be clear, it's PSE 6.0 and PS (not Elements) 7. I didn't have them both open at the same time, though.
Posted Image
Siggie by Rosemary-with a tiny touch added by me ;)

I use PSE 6.0 & Vista

Colorectal cancer awareness-please schedule your colonoscopy today
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Please visit my gallery

#4 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

There is no problem at all having both of them on your computer at one time. The icon thing should be of no importance. In my opinion, I would say that PSE 6 probably is better for scrapping. It has more automated features to it. On the scale of things, PS 7 is pretty old. I believe most of the styles and actions from the boutique will work in PS 7. Most of them state in their description whether they work with 7 or not.

#5 GPamela

GPamela

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Personal Statement:WVU Mountaineers Fan
    I love WV.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Ok, so I've been using PSE 6.0; bought Ro's videos, the whole nine yards.

My brother gave me his old PS (NOT Elements) 7 - I loaded it and looked at it, but I can already tell I'm gonna need Ro's videos for it. Probably won't get around to messing with it until after June and I finish a project I'm working on. I have a ton of actions and styles - I guess I won't be able to use them with PS 7? Do I even need this program? I can tell it looks a bit more complicated. Again, maybe in a few months I'll revisit it.

Is it okay to have both these programs on my computer at the same time? I have noticed that now all the PSD files have a different icon than they did before - is this okay? I don't want to mess up anything I have already started as I have a TON of LOs done. I did open one LO that I wasn't concerned about with PS 7.0 and I noticed that the text was changed a bit (kind of warped) and it also looks that way if I open it in PSE 6.0; I can see the difference when I compare it to my saved jpeg.

Thanks in advance, ladies!

Most are using PSCS 2 3 4 now.
cause PS 7 is outdated.

PSE is the simplified version and cheaper
While PS is the more complex advanced version
that is way way way more expensive.

Without trust, honesty & loyalty all your friendships will turn to dust, be a friend worth having, be a light in the sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users