Pse 6.0 And Ps 7

KarinaS

Ok, so I've been using PSE 6.0; bought Ro's videos, the whole nine yards.

My brother gave me his old PS (NOT Elements) 7 - I loaded it and looked at it, but I can already tell I'm gonna need Ro's videos for it. Probably won't get around to messing with it until after June and I finish a project I'm working on. I have a ton of actions and styles - I guess I won't be able to use them with PS 7? Do I even need this program? I can tell it looks a bit more complicated. Again, maybe in a few months I'll revisit it.

Is it okay to have both these programs on my computer at the same time? I have noticed that now all the PSD files have a different icon than they did before - is this okay? I don't want to mess up anything I have already started as I have a TON of LOs done. I did open one LO that I wasn't concerned about with PS 7.0 and I noticed that the text was changed a bit (kind of warped) and it also looks that way if I open it in PSE 6.0; I can see the difference when I compare it to my saved jpeg.

Thanks in advance, ladies!

Hi Karina,

I have both PSE6 and 7 on my laptop, which I am using while I am on vacation. At home I have PSE5, 6 & 7 loaded, and still use PSE5 most of the time.

Adobe states that you should only have one program open at a time. It might have something to do with the amount of memory that each uses or that the elements in each might conflict with one another. I don't know, but whatever the reason, only have one open at a time. You don't want any problems arising out of using two PSE's at one time.

Ok, but just to be clear, it's PSE 6.0 and PS (not Elements) 7. I didn't have them both open at the same time, though.

There is no problem at all having both of them on your computer at one time. The icon thing should be of no importance. In my opinion, I would say that PSE 6 probably is better for scrapping. It has more automated features to it. On the scale of things, PS 7 is pretty old. I believe most of the styles and actions from the boutique will work in PS 7. Most of them state in their description whether they work with 7 or not.

Ok, so I've been using PSE 6.0; bought Ro's videos, the whole nine yards.

My brother gave me his old PS (NOT Elements) 7 - I loaded it and looked at it, but I can already tell I'm gonna need Ro's videos for it. Probably won't get around to messing with it until after June and I finish a project I'm working on. I have a ton of actions and styles - I guess I won't be able to use them with PS 7? Do I even need this program? I can tell it looks a bit more complicated. Again, maybe in a few months I'll revisit it.

Is it okay to have both these programs on my computer at the same time? I have noticed that now all the PSD files have a different icon than they did before - is this okay? I don't want to mess up anything I have already started as I have a TON of LOs done. I did open one LO that I wasn't concerned about with PS 7.0 and I noticed that the text was changed a bit (kind of warped) and it also looks that way if I open it in PSE 6.0; I can see the difference when I compare it to my saved jpeg.

Thanks in advance, ladies!

Most are using PSCS 2 3 4 now.

cause PS 7 is outdated.

PSE is the simplified version and cheaper

While PS is the more complex advanced version

that is way way way more expensive.

Archived