Ehd Error Messages

I have a WD 1tb ehd, I was backing everything up on it and I got a lot of errors when it was finished. I don't understand,

or know what to do to fix this.

Here is one of the error mess. I am getting.

Error Code: 9

Time: 5/5/2009 10:37:00 PM

File: c:\documents and settings\wendy\desktop\scrap girls digital\supply folder\4x6_all-around\snu_ayo-zoom-4x6_shallwedance\snu_ayo-zoom-4x6_shallwedance\snu_ayo-zoom-4x6_shallwedance_embwart\snu_ayo-zoom-4x6_shallwedance_wart-love.png

Additional Info: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Any ideas? Totally confused!

:banghead:

Honey you have too many file layers deep. What I learned is you need to have no more than 3 folders deep for your C Drive or EHD. Meaning like if its a J drive you do J:\SG Purchases\Name of Designer/Product \then the individual folders. If those folders have like 2 or more folders within that individual folder, I recommend you select all then move them to the main individual folder. That way they are only 3 deep no more than 4 deep at any time or the backup will not work properly and have too many layers for errors.

Since its on your C drive I suggest you do not put it in Documents and settings but set it up as such like this:

C:\SG Purchases\SNU Shall we Dance\ Alphas and so forth.

Archived