• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

All right I have the album done, but how do I glue it to the cds? Should I print on cardstock and run it through the xyron or should I use a stronger glue? Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For your viewing pleasure this is the first page :)
The Usual Suspects
Posted Image

#2 KellyChron

KellyChron

Living La Vida ScrapGirls

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I would use ModPodge... but that's just me.

gallery_6718_356_1715.png I scrap with a MAC2010_MW_Sig.gif
BLINKIES_sgdevotee.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gif

#3 dukebballfan

dukebballfan

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

I second the ModPodge. I made a craft using CDs for my mom's birthday in February and the ModPodge worked great!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 KBT

KBT

Chattin', scrappin' and lovin' it!

• Members
  • 12,707 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

I used Modge podge on a project earlier- and it didn't go on as evenly as I would have liked. What do you all use to apply it?
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Shelbi

Shelbi

Grumpy Lumpy Scrapping Junkie

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I've made the Cd albums before and I used Modge Podge.

worked great. I made my DH drill the holes though LOL.

#6 Peppi

Peppi
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

I left you a comment in the gallery and I see here are some inspiring answers for me ;) you still can PM Armi Custodio and ask her how she did the sample album.

#7 KBT

KBT

Chattin', scrappin' and lovin' it!

• Members
  • 12,707 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

They do make round chipboard- about the same size as a cd I think- as an alternative!
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 ChristyVW

ChristyVW

Blessed Beyond Measure!

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

When I use modge podge on things, I spray the fronts (printed sides) of the pages with a clear acrylic spray first. This prevents the colors from bleeding and helps minimize wrinkling. I also make sure I print on cardstock or photo paper, any thinner wrinkled too much. I use a brush to apply the modge podge, dipping the brush in a little water first, then in the modge podge. This thins it down a little bit and seems to work better.

If you have a bind-it-all, they are supposed to be able to punch through CDs...haven't tried it yet though! :)

This turned out really cute Sarah! Great job!

Christy
My Store ~ Gallery

(images are clickable)
CVA_Event09_PDF-LayoutTransformation_MKTCVA_SSTools_Scripts_ScatterThings_PS_MKTCVA_SSTools_Scripts_RenameLayer_PS_MKTG_CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker_PS_MKT

#9 scrapariadna

scrapariadna

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi Sara!

Thank you so much for purchasing the CD album easy pages! I love your layouts with it :)

I wrote a tutorial on how to make a mini album using this product, but it will be in the newsletter in 2 weeks. So to help you now I'll tell you how I made mine. This is a fragment of the tutorial, I hope Brandie won't kill me for posting it ;)

"To make a CD mini album you'll need:
- your printed layouts
- 5 old CDs or DVDs (optional - I sanded mine so the glue holds better)
- scissors or craft knife
- glue
- hole punching tool that will punch a hole through the CDs. I use Crop-a-Dile. You may also use Bind-it-All or a drill
- book binding metal ring
- sand paper
- ribbon (optional)
- sponge and paint (optional)
- Mod Podge or other decoupage medium (optional)

1. Cut out your layout and glue it to the CD.
2. When the glue dries carefully trim away the extra paper.
3. Sand away the extra paper you left with your cutting tool. The edge will be perfectly smooth.
4. Adhere the layout to the other side of the CD. Remember to keep your layouts in the proper order.
5. Once all the pages are done punch holes in your CD mini album pages. I punch them in the upper left corner (“counting” from the first page).
6. You can now make your pages even prettier by painting the edges with acrylic paint. Use a very thin coat of paint for your first coat and then, when dry, repaint edges once more with a second coat of paint.
7.Tie your pages together with a metal ring, adorn with ribbons and you're good to go! For more durability you may also coat the pages with Mod Podge. Let them dry completely before assembling the album. Use a little bit of Mod Podge to seal the edges of your ribbons – it will prevent them from fraying.

NOTE – if you don't have any old CDs or a proper punching tool available, you can use cardstock or chipboard for firmness instead."

As for the glue - I used All Purpose spray adhesive for this album. It was so awesome and convenient! I think that other suggestions are good as well. Hope this helps!

#10 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a bind-it-all and a crop-a-dile, so I wasn't worried about making the holes in the cd's and binding them together. My biggest thing was gluing to the CD's thanks for all the advice. I love the idea of sealing the printed side before gluing.
Thanks, Ariadna, for the mini tutorial. It was very helpful.
Posted Image

#11 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thought I would share the finished album

I ended up using the crop-a-dile to punch as you can see from the picture the bind-it-all was hard to punch, line up and cracked the cd each time. Maybe the paper would have held it place, but I am trying to get it done quickly.
Attached File  09_05_13_MDCDAlbum_2_web.jpg   107.15KB   7 downloads
Posted Image

#12 Armi Custodio

Armi Custodio

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Just saw this post and left you some love in your gallery for the finished album. You did a great job on it and your Mom will surely love it!

Seeing you've got lots of help already, I just wanted to add that I used a sticker photo paper. No glue, no mess. I used a soft t-shirt to kind of pat it down when adhering to the cd so as not to have it wrinked. Like Michelle, I asked DH to drill the holes:).

Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif  My Gallery

Just some of my products available at the Scrap Girls Boutique:
ACU_SSPpr_SummerFrenzy_MKTG_150.jpg   ;ACU_SSEmb_SummrEssntls_MKTG_150.jpg     ACU_SSAlpha_Sanded_MKTG_150.jpg    ACU_Brush_Borders_MKTG_150.jpg  ACU_SSWA_Summr_MKTG_150.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users