Mid-month May Layout Contest

PBarnes

Even though it isn't officially summer (or winter in the Southern Hemisphere), in many places it's getting very close. For this layout contest, we want to see layouts about what you look forward to at this time of the year. Is it summer barbeques, days at the beach, or long summer evenings? You could win a $10 gift certificate to the boutique if your layout is chosen! Just post your layouts in the May Mid-Month Layout Gallery before June 15th at midnight EDT and you will be eligible to win! Be sure to include the credits for items used in the description area or under the Details tab.

Post your finished layouts in the May Mid-month Gallery.

How about the kids going BACK to school at the end of summer ;) JK! Great theme, Pat. Thanks for your work on these.

LOL! Your post brought a memory of the same thing from a different perspective. After my father retired from the Air Force he decided he'd try his hand at teaching and wound up as the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science teacher at a very small parochial school in Minnesota. (1 Retired AF officer, stern disciplinarian + 6 classes of 11 - 13 yo old adolescents = 9 miserable months for almost everyone involved!) Anyway, somewhere around February, he began to seriously reconsider his decision and shared his misgivings with one of the older teachers on the staff. He said, "Where are the rewards in teaching I've always heard about?" and the older teacher replied, "Patience, William, they're coming. They're called June, July, and August."

• 2 weeks later...
Here's mine: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=82434

I look forward to our world coming alive again, as the flowers grow, the birds sing, and everything changes from browns to beautiful colors.

Also have a question.. how do you put your layout name into the URL for the gallery page?

Thanks

If you go to where you leave a response and type in what you want to say, along with your title. Just above the black line that binds the box you are typing in, and you will see little rounded boxes that follow along the top of this response box. The first one has a "b" on it. The second box has an italicized "i", the third for underlining has a "u" underlined. Then there are two "Aa's" in a rectangular box. Next is the smiley face in a rectangular box, then the GREEN ARROW. This is the box you want when you are leaving a link.

Now open up a new tab and go to the layout you want in your link. Up at the top of your computer screen is the place where you type in an address that will take you to a certain page, such as the boutique or say your layout in the gallery. If you right click on the address you want to show here, and click on the word copy in the little box that pops up, while your cursor is over the address, it will copy it. Goback to your first page and back to the green arrow box I told you about before and click on it. you will see a place where in blue it says http://. Right click on the blue (make sure it's still blue) and choose the word paste in the box that pops up, and it will copy your address to that space. Click okay. Now it will say please type in a title. You can delete the blue or type over it and type in what you want your title to be. Click okay and it should show your bb code and will automatically add it to your typed words in this box. It will look funny in your response but that is okay. It's just code to make it work.

Now go down to where you click on the rectangle box that says, add reply below here where you are typing. (you already do this every time you leave a post) Right next to it is a rectangle box that says preview post. Click on it to see what your post will look like. (you don't have to do this, I'm just suggesting it here for you to see if you've done it right, it's a way to check). it will show up on top of this white box you are typing in. Look it over and see if an underlined address shows up with your title that you gave it. You can even click it if you want. If it works, go back down and click add reply to add your post to the game.

Thanks Rosemary.. I got it to work. Good thing you advised me to preview first... LOL cuz it took me a couple of tries.

I really appreciate your help & also your nice comments on my layout.

:respect:

It took me a few tries the first time too. :D Glad I could help!

Even though it isn't officially summer (or winter in the Southern Hemisphere), in many places it's getting very close. For this layout contest, we want to see layouts about what you look forward to at this time of the year. Is it summer barbeques, days at the beach, or long summer evenings? You could win a $10 gift certificate to the boutique if your layout is chosen! Just post your layouts in the May Mid-Month Layout Gallery before June 15th at midnight EDT and you will be eligible to win! Be sure to include the credits for items used in the description area or under the Details tab.

Post your finished layouts in the May Mid-month Gallery.

This is my layout for May Mid Month Gallery

Eating Icecream in the Waves

• 2 weeks later...

Archived