Template Help With Backgrounds

Guest dewingstuff

Guest dewingstuff
new here - I use pspx and am trying to fill the black scrap template with background paper. How do I go about doing this? I think I am missing something. the directions say to select the black, use the magic wand and fill with the background, but how do I get the background in the first place? thanks!

Hey there!

We have a great tutorial about doing this in PSP in the University compliments of Lori Cook.

Here's the link:

[url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/select_and_fill_techniques_for_scrapsimple_templates_in_psp.htm"]PSP tutorial for using ScrapSimple templates[/url]

Hope that helps!

:breakdance:

[quote name='dewingstuff' post='43031' date='May 18 2006, 08:39 PM']new here - I use pspx and am trying to fill the black scrap template with background paper. How do I go about doing this? I think I am missing something. the directions say to select the black, use the magic wand and fill with the background, but how do I get the background in the first place? thanks![/quote]

The tutorial has screen shots that show you all the various ways you can do this. Which you use when really depends on personal preference and the type of template you're using. If you need more help, let me know..
Lori

Guest dewingstuff
sorry, but I can't seem to locate this in pspx. help, please!! It looks easy! "In the Materials palette pick Pattern. In the Pattern window scroll to the very top and you'll see small thumbnails of all your open images, one of which will be the paper you just opened." Nothing like this comes up for me.

wait!! I clicked on something and saw a tiny arrow pointing down, which opened up many swatches. very cool! hope I remember how next time!

[quote name='dewingstuff' post='43074' date='May 19 2006, 01:45 PM']wait!! I clicked on something and saw a tiny arrow pointing down, which opened up many swatches. very cool! hope I remember how next time![/quote]

I think you found it! if not, let me know.
Lori

Guest Marianne
[quote name='Crueltyfre/Lori' post='43047' date='May 19 2006, 07:00 AM'][quote name='dewingstuff' post='43031' date='May 18 2006, 08:39 PM']
new here - I use pspx and am trying to fill the black scrap template with background paper. How do I go about doing this? I think I am missing something. the directions say to select the black, use the magic wand and fill with the background, but how do I get the background in the first place? thanks![/quote]

The tutorial has screen shots that show you all the various ways you can do this. Which you use when really depends on personal preference and the type of template you're using. If you need more help, let me know..
Lori
[/quote]

Lori,
Looked great but before I go to far, does it also work in a similar fashion in PSE?
Marianne

In PSE it's pretty simple. Drag your background paper onto your template (don't forget to move your template to a new document first) and then hold down the ctrl key and hit "g" this will mask the template with the background paper of your choice. Now if you want to add more then just 1 paper to it, it's pretty simple. Merge the layers you have now and repeat the above ctrl-g step, only this time using your second (or third) paper.

This [url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=7480"]Zoo[/url] layout is a good example. I placed the brown paper first, merged the layers. Then cut out a strip of green paper and placed that on the template. Then I went 1 step further and placed the stitching using the same steps. That will make it look like the photos are laying on top of all your papers/embellishments

Archived