2nd Annual Scott Kelby Photo Walk

bjc

i see this info on the scott kelby photowalk and thought i would share it

scott kelby photowalk

i wasnt able to go last year cause i had a wedding.... now this year i have a wedding reception for my friends dd who got married in aruba in april.... but i think i can go cause that is later in the day and the photowalk is in morning... this wedding reception is in vermont so i am going to the one in vermont.... any other sg able to do that one please pm me

also would love to hear from anyone who went last year...

love to hear from anyone who did it last year and what they did and thought.... it sounds like a good experience...and what could be bad...a walk and a chance to take photos...only thing they left out was the scrapping of them! LOL

Bobbie, thanks for posting this. I am signed up for the walk in my town and am looking forward to it. I didn't participate last year, so I'd love to hear from those that did as well.

I'm signed up for the AM event in Columbus, OH in case anyone wants to join me- there are just 12 spots left for that group.

i think they fill up fast so if you are interested you should sign up...it will be fun to hear from all the sg that do the walk and see the lo... and maybe some of us can meet at the walk...calling all sg who are doing the one in vermont...love to meet you....but i know there arent that many sg in vt ...or people for that matter in vt...LOL

Thanks for posting this Bobbie. I've signed up for a walk in my city now. I couldn't do it last year because we were out of town with the pipeband on the date planned but this year's works for me (actually it's my birthday. ;))

There are only 2 people signed up for Salem, OR. Portland is full and those are the ones close to me. Anyone want to do Salem with me. It looks like fun!

The one in Austin is already full! :( Think that matters? Think I can go and just tag along behind them? I was invited to go last year, but wasn't able to. && since I've got my new baby this year (my Nikon D60)....I reallllly wanna go!

I'm going to be in Houston area by July 18th, and there is one there that day. So I might sign up for that one. Just not sure yet, what our plans are, so have to check with Hubby. But thanks for the info. I never would have known about this.

Julie, the Houston TX photo walk is full, but the Houston Discovery Green TX photo walk still has spots available. I would be interested in going to that one. :D I have no idea where it is, but it can't be too hard to find, right?

I'm going to be in Houston area by July 18th, and there is one there that day. So I might sign up for that one. Just not sure yet, what our plans are, so have to check with Hubby. But thanks for the info. I never would have known about this.

Julie, the Houston TX photo walk is full, but the Houston Discovery Green TX photo walk still has spots available. I would be interested in going to that one. :D I have no idea where it is, but it can't be too hard to find, right?

Hmmmm.....care for another Texan Tag-along?

Hmmmm.....care for another Texan Tag-along?

Audrey, that would be so much fun! I would love to meet you in person too! :D I've already told DH that he's responsible for the kids for that day, so I'm a free woman. :D

• 1 month later...

The national photo walk is this weekend. I am looking forward to it. I'm curious, what's on your list of things to bring with you besides your camera. I want to make sure I'm not forgetting about something.

I have camera, a couple lenses, tripod, business cards (for networking), bottled water.

Am I forgetting anything.

Sigh...I'm not gonna make it. DH is out of town all of this week. He'll fly in late Friday, and fly back out Sunday, and be gone all next week. He sorta frowned when I mentioned that I wanted to be gone most of Saturday... I'll have to try again next year. Have fun, everyone!

The Omaha one is full. I'm glad I got signed up when I did. I hadn't thought about bringing my tripod. I better plan on that. :) I don't want to be too loaded down. I'm going to have to take a snack along too because our's runs from 10 am - 1 pm and I don't want my blood sugar to bottom out.

Good idea about the snack Pat, I'll have to plan for that also. My group in Columbus is full too, should be a great time.

Anna, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the walk in your city.

The national photo walk is this weekend. I am looking forward to it. I'm curious, what's on your list of things to bring with you besides your camera. I want to make sure I'm not forgetting about something.

I have camera, a couple lenses, tripod, business cards (for networking), bottled water.

i emailed the leader of my walk in vt. to see what he suggests...the good thing is he said you can always go back to the car cause it is such a small town...lol...so maybe check with the leader of your walk...but dont forget the water..that is a good idea

Just signed up for the one at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens as the one at Coney Island was full. I told my friend about this and he is going to join me. Looks like lots of fun and lots of interesting things to shoot.

Thanks for the heads up, I would not have known about this otherwise.

i emailed the leader of my walk in vt. to see what he suggests...the good thing is he said you can always go back to the car cause it is such a small town...lol...so maybe check with the leader of your walk...but dont forget the water..that is a good idea

Don't forget about a hat or cap for keeping sun off your face and also some sunscreen, if you burn easy and don't forget the sunglasses.

Just signed up for the one at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens as the one at Coney Island was full. I told my friend about this and he is going to join me. Looks like lots of fun and lots of interesting things to shoot.

Thanks for the heads up, I would not have known about this otherwise.

the botanical gardens should be a great place for a photo walk...cant wait to see your photos and lo...glad you saw this and could sign up ...have fun

Archived