Source For Paper For Larger-format Printers?

DH and I have a new printer that'll do 13x19. (Apple gives you a $100 rebate when you get a Mac, so we got the Canon 9000.)

We went to the office supply store looking for paper the other day, and what a bust! Two different packs of 11x17 paper, only one of them for inkjet printing. DH wants to do prints of some of his scanned paintings (one painting got water damaged, so he scanned it), and he's bummed that the paper we found is ...meh.

Any suggestions for good paper? Brands, types, sources, any information welcome!

i have the canon older version the i9900...and love it...i am actually printing out a lo right now.... i go online and buy in quantity the epson double sided 12 x 12 paper called premier art matte scrapbook photo paper for epson.... i just shop it online to get best price...i may have gotten it at b and h photo but i dont remember ( sorry) and i print on both sides and then put in plastic sleeve in a 12 x 12 album.... interested what other ideas you get

and btw i have never seen this larger size sold in any stores either.....i also get 13 x 19 paper for some special prints i have made ( but its pricey) ...canon makes it and you can also find it online at canon website

Since your printer is a Canon I suggest you order Canon paper from their online store. I have always gotten the best results from my Canon printer when I use real Canon ink and paper. The large format paper is pricy though. I think I did see some Canon paper at Best Buy come to think of it.

Guest Peppi

I have two Canon printers for my business and always bought Canon paper ... until the double-sided one they made is no longer sold and I NEED double-sided paper. So I looked at Epson and got a matte double-sided one which is way less expensive than the Canon paper and prints out gorgeous. I have bought Epson paper in different qualities and it is gorgeous. I know from other professionals who have Canon printers that they buy Epson paper duh! The only thing to be sure to have excellent results is to pay attention that you inticate the right paper type (glossy, glossy plus which is premium I think for Epson, matte, .... ). I now have both brands. Some papers I really like the Canon one, other ones are equal quality for less price at Epson and others I have just Epson because I have a hard time finding them for Canon. I don't know how it is in the US, but Canon is not constant in delivery of papers here in Europe. Sometimes you get the paper and sometimes you don't, online same situation than in shops .... and I can tell you that I spent hours of research to get the paper I used to order.

One note, I have the Canon iP4500 and the Canon Pro9500 and the first one can be used for all quality types, from everyday-use paper to pro paper, whereas the pro printer really is for pro paper too. The high quality ink only looks good on glossy plus (premium) and special papers. That's due to the pigmented ink cartridges. Be sure to have the right ICC color profiles for all your papers to get perfect printing. They are downloadable at Canon and Epson for all their papers.

HTH

I also have the Canon Pro 9000 and since I prefer matte paper, the heavy-weight coated paper from Graytex suits my needs. I'm currently using their 13x19 coated (2-sided) 46lb paper which I see is now replaced by the 53-lb paper. You can order online or phone if interested.

Archived